Chapter 5

Y/N's P.O.V

*next day*

"Meet the Terrible Terror"Ggobber said. I looked down and saw a tiny dragon standing there looking up at us as it licked its eye. Okay that's disgusting

"Ha. It's like the size if my--" Tuffnut was cut short by the dragon leaping on him and knocking him down. I bit the insides of my mouth to contain my laughter.

"Get it off! Get it off! Oh, I'm hurt, I am very much hurt!" Tuffnut complained.

Hiccup uses the shiny piece of his sword to reflect a beam of light, making the dragon follow it back into its cage.

"Wow. He's better than you ever were" Tuffnut said to a suspicious looking Astrid. He should watch his tongue if he wants to keep it.

*a few days later*

I few things have happened over these past days. Two out of the three Viking boats have come back from Thor knows where. Fishlegs and I are still waiting for our dad's boat to come back, I'm getting the slight idea its not going to come back. 

Today is another day in the training ring. The village is watching us this time. There are loads of barriers set up on the ground and the dragon today is the Gronkle.

"Stay out of my way. I'm winning this thing!" I heard Astrid say to Hiccup who was on the barrier opposite to mine.

"Please. By all means" he said. What does that mean?  She darts to the other barrier and the crowd cheers her on.

"You got it Astrid" someone from the crowd cheered. After a few minutes it was just us three left in the ring.  Astrid moved to a different barrier.

"This time. This time for sure!" She said clutching her axe. She screams towards the Gronkle until she sees Hiccup has knocked it out, she let out a chain of screams and curses. I slowly backed away from her.

"No! No!" She shouts in rage. "No! No! Son of a Half-troll rat eating - munge bucket!" She shouts. A clanging noise is heard. Gothi, the village elder, steps forward tapping her staff. Everyone looks excited, well almost everyone, except Astrid and Hiccup.

"So...later". Hiccup says, trying to get away, but Gobber grabs him and pulls him back.

"Not so fast" he says standing between the pair.

"I'm kinda late for--" Hiccup started, before Astrid interrupts him with fury.

"What! Late for what exactly?" Astrid snaps. The Chief holds his hand up to quiet everyone.

"Okay quiet down. The elder has decided" he announces. Gobber points to Astrid and she shakes her head 'no'. There was a chorus of 'ooooohs' from the crowd. Gobber then points to Hiccup and she nods her head. Everyone erupts into cheers.

"You've done it! You've done it, Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon" Gobber praised with enthusiasm.

"Haha that's my boy" the Chief laughed proudly. Astrid glares at Hiccup, if looks could kill, he'd be dead.

Fishlegs hoisted Hiccup onto his shoulder and all the teens, except Astrid were cheering for him.

*the next day*

It is the day that Hiccup is going to kill the Monstrous Nightmare. There were flags put up everywhere.

"Well, I can show my face in public again" the Chief announces loudly for the crowd to hear. Some laughter and cheers were heard from the crowd.