Chapter 16- Misery

~Daryl's P.O.V~

Nightfall came quickly we were all inside where the cells were at. Beth began singing and everyone seemed to be enjoying it. It made me a bit relaxed actually. I walked over to Rick who was holding Judith and Hershel

"Some reunion, huh?" I said leaning up again the cell gate

"She's in a jam" Rick said

"We all are" Hershel said as he had his arms crossed "Andrea's persuasive. This fella's armed to the teeth. Bent on destruction" He said looking at Rick

Hell he was right

"So what do you want to do?" I asked

"We match it. I'm going on a run" Rick said completely turning to us

"I'll go out tomorrow" I said

"No, you stay here. Keep on eye on your brother" Rick said as I turned to Merle who was leaning up on the other gate on the corner of the room then I turned back to him "I'm glad your back, really, but if he causes a problem, it's on you"

I agreed, my brother my problem "I've got him"

"I'll take Michonne" Rick said

"You sure that's a good idea?" I said

Rick looked down at Judith them back up "I'll find out. And Carl. He's ready. You hold it down here"

I nodded "You got it"

We turned and looked at everyone else as Beth continued singing. Today was easy, next few days won't be. We're in a war. Time to gear up. The only thing that's gonna help me get through this is Haley. The next day Rick, Carl, and Michonne left on a run. I stayed behind keeping everything. I walked around making sure everything and everyone was ok. I spoke a little with Merle. He was being an ass as usual but no so slightly. I walked around as I looked inside the cell to see Beth with lil-ass kicker. I stood at the doorway as she was turning in circles softly shaking the baby. She turned around and stopped as she looked at me.

I stood there without saying anything. She just looked at me

"You want to hold her?" She asked gesturing as she held out the baby to me

"No" I said as I began walking away

"Daryl" She called out as I stopped and turned around "Don't be afraid, it's ok hold her"

I gulped as I took a couple steps toward her. She softly handed me Judith. I held her gently, I was pretty freaking out at first but as I kept holding her and gently rocking her I seemed to calm down. I never really held a baby before. I'm the little brother and my childhood was crap. I wondered was it would be like to have a baby of my own. This world now kind of ruins that chance. I just wonder what it would be like to have a baby with Haley. The love of my life, the one girl who makes me smile. Who makes me happy. Just being able to have a life with her. Before I knew it a felt a small tear running down my cheek.

"Now there's a picture I never thought I would see"

I turned around to see Carol

"Shut up" I lightly joked

I looked at Judith and smiled. I wiped that tear with my shoulder making sure no one saw it. Although I'm sure Carol saw. After I gave her back to Beth I walked around and kept watch outside waiting for Rick and the others to return. The day went by quickly and they soon arrived back. When everyone was asleep I walked out to the courtyard. I looked up at the sky, I laid down and remembered when me and Haley were laying down here looking at the stars just before I left. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off

-------

"You know even though we now live in this awful world I always felt normal with the stars. They always remind me of what's real. That were still human"

I turned to look Haley "Yea"

She chuckled "Can you say more then one word to me"

She looked at me as I leaned in "Your the only person who makes me feel like I'm human in this new world. I love you Haley"

He leaned in more and our noses were now touching "And I love you Daryl"

Our lips touched and as always when we kiss my world feels complete

-------

I opened my eyes to look at the stars. I was laying in the same spot, and the stars looked the same as that night. I dragged myself up and all the way back to my cell. I passed by Haley's empty cell. I stopped at the doorway and walked in.

I sat on her bed and looked at her bow and arrow laying on the ground. Her bag next to it. Everything was here. I laid down and just looked up at the ceiling. I'm in misery, I miss her so damn much. I needed her. Her touch, her kiss, I just need her.

Tomorrow were going to try to come to agreement with the governor then I'm going after my girl. I'm getting her back. Even if I have to kill those pricks that kidnapped her. Hell if I ever see those dicks I will probably kill them. No one hurts my baby. And once I have her again, I'm never leaving her side again.

The Walking Dead [Daryl Dixon]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें