Chapter 21- New people

~Daryl's P.O.V~

We left to Woodbury but the governor was no where to be found. Andrea was bitten, she shot herself. Someone else we lost. We walked out of the room and looked at all the people

"Should we take them in?" I asked looking at Rick

"Well we can't just leave them here
This town is ruined. But it's like Hershel says, we gotta start bringing people in" Rick said as I nodded

Everyone thay was in Woodbury got into the bus and we headed back to the prison. On the way back I couldn't stop thinking about Haley. I knew I had to face her when I got back. Or maybe I could avoid her. But I know I can't, she's the love of my life and I would do anything for her.

We got back to the prison and people one by one began to departure from the bus and into the prison. I looked at Haley and noticed she was looking at me but I quickly looked away and down. I heard her voice weaken as she spoke.

"Tyler?..."

Tyler? Her brother. I remember she told me about him. He turned to her and it looked like his knees weaken. Both or their eyes filled with tears. He put his hands over his face for a second as he walked towards her.

"Haley?"

They took a couple steps until they finally hugged. This was her brother, he's alive. I was happy for her. Her blood was alive. Even though I lost mine I was happy she had her back. I walked inside before I broke down myself. I went inside and straight into my cell. Everyone got equipped inside the prison.

Everytime I saw Haley I avoided her as best I could. She knew what I was doing and whenever she tried to get close I moved away. This ain't no damn love novel. But sometimes it felt like it was. Each day everyone began to get to know each other pretty well. Rick was now growing a garden out in the field. Gotta admit it looked nice. I grabbed my crossbow and headed out towards the gate.

"Hey I'm gonna go out on a run" I said to Rick as I walked to the vehicle

"Sure you don't want anyone to go with you?" He asked

I shook my head "I'll be fine"

He nodded. I approached the car and opened the door

"Can I go?"

Damn I tried avoiding that voice as much as possible but right now it wasn't working. I sighed as I turned around

"I don't need help" I said kind of cruelly

"Look Daryl I know you don't want to talk but I've heard I'm quite good at tracking and hunting. Although I haven't done it in awhile maybe something can come back"

She looked so innocent and so beautiful. All I wanted to do was cup my hands round her face and kiss her sweet lips. Ah damn it Daryl get your head out of the gutter!

"I'm better on my own" I said climbing into the vehicle, turning on the engine and driving out.

~Haley's P.O.V~

I walked back to me cell and kicked the side of the bed in anger

"Hey sis, what's got you all angry?" Tyler asked as he entered the cell

"It's not what it's more of who" I said putting my hands on my hips

Tyler sighed "What's Daryl done now? Cause I can very easily kick his ass"

"No offense bro Daryl could probably kick your ass"

He chucked "Now that's actually true, come on what did he do?"

I sat down and he sat down next to me

"It's not exactly what he's done. Because he hasn't done anything"

"How can he have you thing angry but yet he hasn't done anything?" He asked

"He just keeps avoiding me. I know before I lost my memory we were something. We were a couple and I know he cared but after I lost my memory he just didn't care. Now he just barely says a word or just finds some way to avoid me. What's wrong with me?"

"Hales nothing is wrong with you. He's an idiot for acting that way. Carol tells me that's the way he is. He's private but she tells me he loves you"

I nodded and chuckled slightly "Yea" I looked down at the bow and arrow that was laying on the floor "I can't go out there. What's the point I don't remember much. I remember it just bring me, you, and Elena alone out there. But everything is very vivid"

"Well, just talk to him. Work things out. And as for your memory were all helping to get it back"

I nodded "I know. Hershel says it's only temporary and should be back soon. This just sucks, not remembering so many things"

"I know sis. But take it day by day. You will get it back" He kissed my head and stood up "Just takes time"

I nodded as he walked out. I sat down for awhile until I walked outside and up to Rick who was at the garden around in the field

"So what am I better at? Hunting or washing clothes?" I said joking

He laughed "Well in my defense, definitely hunting. Memory still isn't back yet?"

I shook my head "Hershel says any day now. So I'm awaiting that day to arrive"

He laughed "Just gotta be patient"

I nodded "Yup, patient" I said before flashing a smile and walking away

I walked around the courtyard watching everyone who was sitting around the benches we made and installed around. Everyone was either eating or just talking. They were talking, they knew each other. I just wish I was the same way as them. I watched as the walkers snarled softly against the gate. Then I hear a car, Daryl is back. That was quick. Ok time to talk. Hopefully this goes atleast well.