Chapter 17- Help

~Rick's P.O.V~

The next morning we got ready to go meet with the governor to make a deal. I walked by Haley's cell and saw someone sleeping on the bed. I looked closer and saw Daryl. I walked out letting him sleep more. Beth told me about the story yesterday about him. He was holding Judith and he cried. I'm sure he was thinking about Haley. I felt bad, I missed her. She's one of us. And will always be. We needed to find her. And I knew he was taking it the hardest. He loves her, I've never seen him so happy when he's with her.

Ever since they became something he's just had the biggest smile in his face. And even though he wasn't showing it, he wanted to find her, and if those people who took her ever hurt her. I know he would probably kill them, and I would probably help. Because no one hurts my family. I waited until everyone woke up and we walked to the car. We hopped in and drove to meet the governor.

~Haley's P.O.V~

The only thing I had on my mind was Daryl. And the prison, my home. How much I've missed it. I was weak, the drugs they injected me with. The fact that they beat me. I had cuts and blood on my forehead, cheek, arms. I guess you could say everywhere. The door slowly swung open and the same boy from yesterday came in. He approached me and gave me a sip of water. He put the cup down and looked at me

"I'm Jason"

I breathed heavily "Haley"

"Look I'm sorry they are doing this to you, I'm against it but I can't really say much about it so I just go along"

"Help me.." I whispered

"I'm sorry I can't, if I do they will know"

"Please.." I begged

"Look Jack is a good guy. But so much has gotten to his head. He's done bad things"

"I didn't kill his brother"

"What?" He pulled up a bucket that was in the corner of the room and sat in front of me "I have some time before they come back, what happened?"

I was still in pain but I managed to speak "We went on a run, at first things went smooth. Then everything spiraled down. Walkers appeared everywhere from every direction. We ran and ran, until we came to another problem. There were traps everywhere. But we had to go through them. He got stuck on the trap, there was no way I could get him out. In order for me to save myself. He threw his bag at me and made me run. I ran away as the walkers began at him. There was nothing I could do I didn't mean for that to happen"

"And when Jack told us he made it sound like you actually pulled the trigger"

I scoffed and slightly chuckled "What as ass"

"It's just with everything that's happened, he's changed. I wish I could help you"

"Look at me.. there's nothing you can do to make this worse then it already is. Please, I need to get back to my friends"

"Haley I wish I could help you ok. I'm one of the good guys I promise it's just"

He stopped and looked passed me

"Wait here" He said as he walked out

I sighed. I couldn't stop thinking about Daryl. I knew these guys were going to kill me but I knew I had to get back. And I am, there's no one that can stop me from getting back to my family. While he was gone I struggled to get free from the ropes. I tried so hard it was like I began to feel blood on my hands. That only made me weaker. I stopped immediately when the door opened, I let out a sigh of a relief when I saw Jason walk in and close the door behind him

"Here" He said approaching me and walking behind me

"What are you doing?" I asked

I felt him stick a knife in the back of my jean pocket

"You can use this to kill any walkers thay get in your way when you get out of here"

"They will find me again" I said

"No they won't ok I will make sure of that"

"Jason" I said still weakly "They will still find me"

"Haley they won't" He walked in front of me "Because I'm going to tell them that your dead"

I looked at him

"In order for them to trust me I'm going to have to have to beat you up. I don't want to but I have to in order to earn their trust. Then they have to see you beaten up. After they leave your gonna get out of here and go back to your people. I will tell them that while I untied you for bathroom break you tried to get away. I chased you until you ran into a dozen walkers and they killed you"

"How do you know they will believe you?" I asked

"Because I'm going to earn their trust by beating you, and I'm sorry I'm going to have to do that"

I nodded "Thank you"

"I'm sorry" He raised up his hand and punched me

He punched me over and over on my stomach. The pain surrounded me and I screamed out in pain softly. Eventually the beating was too much for me and everything went black.

~Daryl's P.O.V~

After we got back from the governor and Rick meeting we all met in the hallway were the cells were at. Rick grabbed a gun and just held it by his side. I held onto my crossbow that I hung on my back

"So I met this governor. Sat with him for quite awhile" Rick began

"Just the two of you?" Merle asked

He nodded "Yea"

"Should have gone when we had the chance, bro" Merle said as he walked passed Glenn and Maggie

"He wants the prison"

I just looked at him. Like hell were going to give this up

"He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead. For what we did to Woodbury"

Every single one of us looked at him. No one was going to give up this home

"We're going to war" Rick said before walking passed all of us and out to the cell block

I walked a couple steps and looked at Merle as he just looked at me. I walked out and everyone else did the same. Look at each other before walking out. We're going to war.