Chapter 1

Copyright © 2014 by CozyBXBLover. All rights reserved.

"Is he about to cry?!" My friend Leo blurted out in class as everyone turned their heads towards Johnny Nickles, the weakest 11th grader I ever seen, he cried for everything. The class filled with laughter as tears sprung from Johnny's eyes down his face. I just shook my head and turned my attention out the window. I use to be like Johnny when I was in Jr. High but that had to change. I didn't want to go through all the bulling again.

"Poor little Johnny. Want me to get you a tissue and call your mommy?" Riley, another one of my friends teased. Yep, I considered these two idiots my friends. I suppose, my best friends. We'd been friend since we were in the 9th grade. Why stop just because others thought they were assholes.

"Cut it out dumb and dumber!" Jennifer yelled at them. As she leaned out of Jack's arms and hurried over to Johnny, handing him a tissue. She patted his back and pulled him into a small hug. Leo and Riley scoffed and turned back towards me in their seats as everyone else went back to talking loud or throwing stuff around the classroom at each other. When Jennifer butted into something everyone knew not to say anything or they'd have to answer to my other best friend, Jack. Sometimes I think she took advantage of that though.

Jack was a true friend, me and him have been friends since we were little and he was tough but not a bully, he just didn't take any shit from anyone. Him and Jennifer had been together since we all started the 9th grade. So it was always our little clan.

I looked over to Leo and Riley who already were planning how they were going to scare Johnny again at lunch time. A small grin made it's way to my lips as they whisper among themselves and I could see Jennifer at the corner of my eyes glaring at them. I know she knew what they were planning and she wasn't going to let them do it.

The teacher had left out about 15 minutes ago to make copies of some papers for homework, but the lunch bell was about to ring and I wasn't about to sit and wait for some homework sheets I knew I wasn't going to do.

I let out a small sigh and stood to my feet. The whole class went quiet and looked back at me I put one hand in my pocket and headed towards the back door of the class. As I passed behind a bored looking Jack I tapped him on the shoulder letting him know I was leaving. He stood to his feet, grabbing Jennifer's hand an tugging her along. Leo and Riley were right behind them as we left out the class. At the same time we were leaving the teacher was coming down the hall, cradling a stack of worksheets in both her arms. She stopped in front of me, making us stop in our tracks. I made an annoyed face at her as I let out a small sigh. "Can you please move?" I asked in a low rough tone.

"Mr. Tanner? Fancy meeting you here." She teased. Leo and Riley snickered behind me as she smiled at me innocently. I turned my head to the side a little and kinda glared at both of the boys and their snickers died down quickly, I gave my attention back to her with a raised eyebrow and a small smirk.

"Have a good day Ms. Allen." I looked her in the eyes daring her to stop me. When I brushed pass her, she didn't of course. She knew not to. I don't know what it was about me that scares people. I'm 5'7 and I have a fair amount of muscle tone, but not extreme, just enough. And people stepped down before the argument even starts. I scared them, I don't know how or why, but I do and that scared me. I was turning into the people that made me this way. And, I had to admit I didn't want to change anything about it.

By the time the lunch bell ring we were already under our big tree that was boarder line for the school and the forest. Jack was laying down with his eyes close, his head rested in Jennifer's lap. She was leaning up against the tree running her hands through his hair while looking down at his face. Leo was laying on a big branch in the tree like he usually did as he read something on his phone. While Riley was texting his girl of the week as he stood leaning against the tree giggling like a love struck teenage girl.

Me, I just sat there taking in the fresh moist air. The weather was always damp here it rain mostly but sometime the clouds just felt like being out. The sun came out every other week. But it hardly ever stayed out for the whole day. It didn't bother me or anyone else in our little small cross corner town, everyone was use to it by now.

I heard Jennifer giggling. So I looked over to Jack whispering something in her ear. Probably being nasty. "HEY! WATCH OUT!" Someone yelled as a football came hurdling full speed towards my face. I caught it, just in time before it connected with my nose.

I stood to my feet quickly as a tall, tan, muscle head with green eyes and brown hair jogged over to us. "Hey man, I'm sorry about that." He said with a small side smile. My heart started to quicken it's pace as I looked him over. I was snapped out of my daze when he cleared his throat. "Umm, can I have my ball back?" He said reaching out his hand.

'Oh hell no! Was I just checking a fucking guy out?!' I yelled in my head. I looked him in the eyes and put a smug look on my face. Then in a flash I was throwing the ball in the forest.

"Go get it." I mummbled and started to walk back towards my friends. Only to be grabbed by my left bicep and spun back around.

"What the fuck was that you little shit?!" He yelled in my face. Tingles shot through my body from where his hand was on my arm. I shook off the feeling and yanked out of his grip.

"You could have broke my nose, you asshole!" I snapped back getting in his face or should I say chest. The guy was huge but I wasn't backing down. We both were breathing heavily in anger. I knew my friends were already paying attention, ready to attack if needed. But if this guy was a football player his friends was ready to do the same.

I was blinded by anger. So I couldn't see anything pass him really. But, there was another feeling that was there like a fluttering. You know when you get excited about something, that's what I was feeling when I looked this guy in the eyes.

His face all of a sudden soften and a smile pulled up on his lips. "Damn. You smell really good." He whispered softly as he moved closer to me so only I could hear. My face grew hot and my eyes grew big. WAS I BLUSHING?!!

**********************************************************************************

{PIC OF ACTOR PLAYING CALEB}

I'LL POST PIC'S OF CALEB'S FRIENDS LATER!