Chapter 17 (MATTHEW POV)

I watched Caleb sleep peacefully on my bed as I sat in a chair in the corner my room. I let out a soft sigh as I ran a frustrated hand down my face. I can't believe this happen. I was trying to protect Caleb not get him hurt. I can't believe I let this just happen they were right there we pumped into them twice and still couldn't track down their his out. If Caleb's friends Leo and Riley didn't follow them when they did we wouldn't have ever found them. And... And... Ugh! I don't want to think about what would happen.

A few days ago my dad and Shean's dad (THE ALPHA) told me and Shean there was a rouge pack in town. Of course being that it's our town we had to go check it out.

~A WEEK AGO~

"Dad?" Matthew called to his farther in a hush tone whispered as they walked in the night through the forest. "Where are we going again?" Matthew's dad Leon looked at his hopeless son and let a small sigh escape his lips.

"For the last time Matthew we're going to check and see if the rouge pack that has taken shelter here in town." Shean said in a 'were tired of telling you this' tone.

"Ohhh... Yeah I guess I forgot." He said in a bored tone as he scratch the back of his head. "I just wanna hurry so I can get back to Caleb." Matthew said softly pulling a shy smile on his face. Shean scoffed.

"Welp! I wanna see Jeremy so as fast as we move and get this done, we both can get to our mates." Matt nodded and picked up his pace along with Shean as they caught up to their dads who completely had come to a complete stop behind some big oak trees and tall bushes that stood .

"Hay dad? What's the matter? Matt called to his farther. "What ya looking at..." He said patted his dad's shoulder, but quickly trailed off when he saw why his dad and Shean's dad had stop. "Are they?"

"Yep." Shean interrupted Matt with a fercierce growl . He was about to move to the clearing but his farther quickly pulled him back. Shean jerked his head toward his farther with glowing green eyes. But quickly calmed down when he seen his farther calm face. After composing himself he cleared his throat quietly. "But dad we can't..."

"I know son." He dad cut him off with a gentle voice. "Lets get back to the house and we can talk about it there." He said placing a hand on his should and gently nudging him forward.

"Matt lets go." Matthew's dad called to him in a hush tone. Matt let a soft, but dangerous growl escape his lips then turned away to catch up to his dad and the others. Back at the pack house chaos broke through the quiet of the night inside the Alpha's office.

"Dad! ARE YOU TELLING ME I CAN'T SEE CALEB!" Matt yelled.

"AND I CAN'T SEE JERMEY!" Shean's voice boomed even louder. Their anger was seeping off in deep waves. They weren't gonna have this... They'd be killed before they'd be force not to see their mates!

"BOYS!" The Alpha's voice boomed through the house making the boys go completely silent. After Matt's farther {The Beta} had seen that the boys calmed down he spoke in a calm relaxed voice making sure not to set the boys off again.

"You have too." He began. The didn't give him one single glance. "The Southnipton pack are here for something! They've never left their land unguarded if their was a good reason." He paused and rubbed a frustrating hand through his hair. "And since word already got out about you two finding your mates. I don't see any other way." The Beta finished with a sigh as he look at the two distress boys. Matt had and unreadable expression while Shean look pissed ass hell.

"Is this the only way?" Matt asked regretting it as soon as it left his lips. Shean head snapped towards him.

"Are you really considering this?!" Shean's voice boomed with alpha authority. Any other time Matt would have been a little intimidated by Shean's alpha tone but this was Caleb's life. His mate. The only person that made him feel like he was one of a kind. Matt shook his head slowly.

"Okay dad I'll do it." Matt gasped out. It felt like he was being stab in the heart. If felt he was actually rejecting his mate. But it was only temporary. Only tell they figured out why Tate and Rick were here.

__BACK TO PRESENT__

I thought I was doing the right thing when I had agreed to stay away from Caleb tell we figured everything out. But it only cause him and Jeremy pain. Shean would have never agreed if I didn't give in so easily. When we busted through that warehouse door guilt too control over me completely when I laid eyes on Caleb's weak beat up body laying on a dirty dust covered cement ground. I had promised him that'd be there. Even if he didn't want me to, but look where I had put him.

"Matthew!" I heard Caleb call making snapped out of my thoughts. I looked up to him to see he was squirming around in bed. I quickly ran to his side.

"Caleb baby i'm right here." I told him softly. He unconsciously wrapped his arms around my waist and pull himself in to me.

"Don't leave me again. Please. Don't leave me again." I wrapped my arms around him and pulled his sleeping body into my lap, pulling him close into my chest and rested my chin softly on his head.

"I won't Caleb. I'm sorry. I'll never ever leave you again I promise." I whispered as I kissed the top if his head and hugged him a little tighter. "I promise." I whispered again. I felt him relax completely into my arms and hug my waist a little tighter. My eyes began to get blurry and start to burn as I look down at my sleeping Mate's face. He was so peaceful then earlier. I can't believe I had cause this. I cause him this trauma. I never wanted to hurt him. I hope when he wakes up he will forgive me. I know what I did was wrong but at the time Shean's dad along with mine thought it was best. But nobody is gonna ever make me leave Caleb's side again. Even if that nobody is him.

*****************************************************************************************************

{~=¡NEXT CHAPTER SHOULD BE UP SOON! SORRY THE CHAPTERS WERE BEEN SUPPOSE TO BE UP SINCE SATURDAY BUT I WENT TO A PARTY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY... Ik I'm sorry but I promised them and here they are. HOPED YOU ALL LIKED THEM!!!=~}