Chapter 3

"Yo Caleb!" I heard Jack call from down stairs.

"I'm up in my room!" I yelled back as I checked my hair in the mirror one more time. I was definitely gonna get laid tonight.

I heard him taking the stairs two at a time until he was in front of my bedroom doorway. "Come on man, are you not ready yet? We still gotta help Jen get stuff together." He pulled at my shirt.

"Yeah... Umm, let me just get my house keys." I said quickly, trying to figure out where I put them. He watched me throw clothes that were on my bed on my floor, then clothes that were on my floor on my bed.

"You lost your key's again?" He sighed out.

I didn't look at him, but just kept looking for them. "I didn't lose them asshole. Just misplaced them." I said simply.

"Yeah. Well your always 'misplacing' them dumbass." I glared at him just in time to see the smirk on his face.

"Damn you." I said getting on my knees and pulling my blanket up from my bedside an grabbing the keys from underneath my bed off the floor. "Got them!" I said with a smile standing to my feet. I tossed them in the air and caught them giving my tall best friend a wide toothy smile. Jack had his head down and his shoulders were shaking. "What? What's so funny?" I asked walking pass him into the hallway and down the stairs, he followed.

"Oh, well I guess I should have mention Jen made up a guestroom for you." I stopped in my tracks and looked back at him.

"Are you shitting me? So I didn't need these keys." I practically yelled.

"Nope." he confirmed still laughing. He moved pass me and went out the door.

"Bastard." I yelled after him.

It was still pretty early and Jen called Jack telling him she wasn't back from the store yet with all the party stuff. So he and I decided to stop off at the local diner to grab a bite to eat. Yes, We have a local diner.

It's been there longer then my parents. We walked in and yelled hello to the local residence and sat down and waited for Pam. The old lady waiter that always seem to be working by herself.

"So... What is it?" Jack asked out of the blue. I took my eyes off the menu and eyed him confusingly. "Don't play dumb Caleb. What's up with you? I know when something is wrong with you. Now, spill it." He demanded calmly. I knew I couldn't hide what was going on from Jack for much longer, but I wasn't ready to tell him right now. Not until I knew what these feelings meant.

"Why do you always assume something's wrong when I drift off in my thoughts for a freaking second?" I sighed. Jack frowned and I knew what was about to happen. He was about to give me 'The Speech'.

"Caleb." He said calmly. 'Yep! See here it comes.' He tried to keep his eyes locked with mines, but I started to pretend like the menu was the only important thing right now. "You can't hide stuff from your bestfriend and since when did we start hiding stuff from each other?" He asked eyes still on me. "You know if you ever want to talk, I'm here, always remember that." He watched me carefully and I let out a irritated grown.

"I understand driving miss daisy! Now, could we please get something to eat, I'm starving!" I cried as I held my rumbling stomach. He looked me over a few times then nodded. "Thank you." I said with a grateful nod.

Right after me and Jack quiet down to see what we wanted, even though we pretty much already knew, Pam walked up with our drinks that we usually ordered, then she took our order.

Our food didn't take long to get to us. We ate quickly and quietly. Then we were back on the road, pulling into Jen's driveway in no time. Her car still wasn't there so we stayed in Jack's car and waited. It was slowly getting dark but I'm sure people wouldn't be her tell after eight. It was only six. With me and Jack helping we'd have everything done way before everyone got here.

I felt Jack's eyes on me again. Dammit, now I was getting annoyed. "I like someone I think!" I confessed loudly and looked over at him. A small smile crept up on his face.

"Who?" He ask simply. I couldn't tell him, not yet. At least not until I knew what these feelings actually meant.

"I'm not ready to tell you yet." I admitted in a whisper and turned away to look out the window as I spotted Jen's car coming down the street. A big grin took over my face. About time! I was about to get out the car and go help her..

"It's that guy isn't it?" He said with no emotion in his voice. I stiffen, but quickly collected myself.

"Wha... What guy?" I asked trying to sound convincing, but that just went out the window. I mean how'd he know? I was searching my brain for a clue and then it hit me. Jack was the first one to my side when..

"I heard him." Jack said simply and got out the car to go help Jen with the bags. I felt a small pain in my chest. He didn't seem upset but he didn't seem not upset either. I was confused, was he gonna hate me and not be my friend. I know I wasn't gay, but its not like he's ever seen me with a chick. That guy was the only person I seemed okay with touching me the way he did. 'Was I about to lose one of my bestfriend?'

*************************************************************

{PIC OF JACK}