Chapter 19

{¥•~THE BEGINNING OF CALEB'S 8th GRADE YEAR...~•¥}

I can hear them yelling. My dad calling my mind out of her name. And my mom telling him he was no better. They've been fighting since I the end of my 7th grade year. I don't know what happen to them. At first they were all lovey dovey then I came home at the end of my seventh grade year and they were at eachothers throat. Of course they didn't see me at first, but when they did it quickly died. But they weren't hiding it anymore matter of fact my dad is packing right now to leave and I can't do anything about it.

"I'M SICK OF STAYING HERE WITH YOU IN THIS HOUSE PUTTING UP WITH YOUR SHIT EVERY POINTLESS DAY!" My dad yelled at my mom.

"Oh yeaaaa!" My mom started teased angrily. "WELL I FEEL THE SAME I'D EVEN PACK AN LEAVE BUT IF YOU HAVE FUCKING FORGOTTEN WE HAVE A SON ASLEEP IN HIS ROOM!" My mom yelled back. 'Pfft... I'm not sleep anymore.' After those words left my mom's mouth everything grew quiet. For a moment.

"I can't be here anymore." My dad'a voice was soft but broken. I could tell he was debating on leaving now.

"Are you just gonna let your son grow up with his farther!" My mom screeched. I winced at here voice. Usually when she spoke like that she gonna hit something.

"Stacie..." Before my dad could finish there was a echo through out the house of skin meeting skin. There it was my dad just got slap.

"Just go!" My mom yelled softly. "Just get out of here we don't need you here." Here voice broke on that sentence. I heard their room door open, then heavy footsteps. They came to a complete stop by my door. I wanted to at least see him before he left. I knew how my dad felt my mom was a pain. Maybe they just needed some time from eachother! They'd be back together in no time. Right?!

The footsteps slowly moved away from my door and I felt my heart drop. He couldn't leave without saying bye to me... He wouldn't right?! When I heard the footsteps moving down the stairs slow my heart drop. 'No dad! WAIT!!!' I jumped out of my bed and throw open my room door. I raced down the stairs and caught him just in time. The door was open and he was putting on his coat. "DAD!" I yelled as I hit the bottom step and throw myself into his waist taking a firm grip to him. He immediately hugged back without any hesitation. My dad was a tall man so he had to squat down to pull me completely into him. "Call me anytime you need me. Okay." He whispered in my ear. I nodded my head softly and hugged him tighter.

"I'll miss you dad." I pushed out as I felt tears leave my eyes. He tighten his grip around me.

"I'm going to always be there whenever you need me Caleb." He pulled away from me and smiled as he wiped my tears away with the pads of his thumbs. "Be a good boy and listen to your mother." He added as he pressed a kiss to my forehead. Then stood to his feet.

"Caleb get back to bed you have school tomorrow!" My mom scolded as she walked out the kitchen with a wine smell already staining her breath. I looked back at my dad and had saw regret fill his eyes as he looked back at me. But I guess it wasn't to much because he turned his back on me and left without glancing back.

That night I hide in my room as my mom broke a whole lot of stuff down stairs. It rain really hard and thundered alot. I knew my dad wasn't coming back now. I knew everything he said when he hugged me didn't mean anything. He wasn't going to be there. I wasn't gonna be close to him as I was before. I was probably never gonna see him again.

[•~Back To Present~•]

As I laid in bed looking up at the ceiling recalling this memory my head started to pound. I was wrong on the last part I got to see him a few times when he he came to sign divorce papers and get the rest of his stuff. He called every once in a blue moon too check up on me. If I recall right also after dad left that's when mom started beating me. Saying that I was the reason he left... When in all honesty it was all because of her sleeping with one of dad's co-workers. I let out a deep sigh as I sat up and rubbed my head.

"You okay?" I heard Jeremy's voice break through my though.

"Mhm." I hummed softly. Not even bothering to look towards him. I wasn't upset with Jeremy I just don't think I could look at him and that mark without getting angry. What Shean and Matt did should be unforgivable... Right?!

"Your still upset huh?" He said softly and I heard his footsteps step into the room and then I felt the bed dip.

"I'm not upset with you Jeremy." I let out in a deep sigh and finally looked at him. He seemed happy. I honestly never seen him so relaxed and never smiled as much as he did now. But my anger with Matt and Shean was slowly coming back. So I turned my head away and looked at my closet door this time. I heard him sigh.

"You know..." He started off slow. Seem not sure if he should say what he was about to say next. "Matt isn't Drew... And he for damn sure isn't your mom." I sighed in frustration as he brought up that fuckers name.

"Goodness Jeremy! Not now!!! Not right fucking now!" I yelled at him as I looked over this time, not hiding any anger that I was holding in earlier. He knew I hated when people brought up the reason why I was so protected with my feelings. He put his hands up in surrender.

"I know i'm sorry! But maybe you should tell Matthew why you can't forgive him so easily. Maybe you should give him a heads up that you need time I mean the guy's..."

"Maybe you should mind your business!" I snapped at him. Jeremy flinched away in fear and I quickly felt myself feeling sorry. I had to be careful. He probably looked okay but I knew what happen to us still was effected him quite a bit. "Damn Jeremy, I'm..." He got up quickly to his feet and started towards the door. But stopped right at the opening and turned back towards me quickly.

"I liked you better before all that happen to you Caleb! Instead of learning from what happen you took and added it to that stupid protective shield of yours. Matthew isn't anything like Drew and your dad and we both know it!!! The longer you keep this rejection thing up with Matthew the lesser time you'll have left before you lose him." He scolded me and before he slammed the door he looked back at me one more time. "Tell him Caleb. Tell him before it's to late!" Then slammed the door. I heard his footstep fade as he walked down the stairs. I pulled my knees into my chest and started crying as I rested my chin on my knees. I hated when Jeremy yelled at me. He was always right when he did.

I couldn't though. I couldn't forgive Matt because of him. I was comparing Matthew to him. They way everything played it how he listen to his father was exactly how I lost Drew. And I wasn't ready to face that again. Would I hate myself for letting Matthew turn rouge. Hell yeah! I'd never be able to be happy again. But at the same time my heart was telling me it was for the best we couldn't be hurt again. Not by Matt... Not by my dad... Not by my mom... Not even the reminders of Drew and that's exactly what Matthew was. A reminder of Drew...

€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*£¥•€*¥•€*£¥•

{~~~•>SOOOOO WE'RE FINALLY GETTING TO THE END OF THIS LOVELY STORY CHAPTER 20 WILL BE THE LAST CHAPTER... :\  I HAVE OTHER STORIES IF YOUR GONNA MISS MY WRITING! ALSO WE ARE GONNA FINALLY FIND OUT WHY CALEB IS SO CLOSED IN ABOUT HIS FEELINGS!!! CHAPTER 20 SHOULD BE UP FOR THE WEEKEND! XD<•~~~}