Chapter 4

Jen watched me and Jack the whole entire time we were getting the house ready for the party. I could see her worried face. Of course I pretended I didn't notice though. I didn't show that Jack ignoring me bothered me. I promised myself i'd never show any weakness in front of anyone and I was going to stick to it. By the time we were done it was almost nine and only a few people had already showed up.

"Caleb!" Jen called over the music and I jogged over to her, hoping she wasn't about to ask about the tension between me and Jack.

"What's up Jen? Everything okay?" I asked her with a small smile as she sat in Jack's lap on the sofa, who seem to be in a deep conversation with a guy I seen at school a few times.

"Yeah!" She chimed. "I have some snack bowls on the counter in the kitchen that I forgot to fill. Can you please do it for me?" She asked in a sickly sweet tone. I didn't want to but, I couldn't turn her down after she asked like that.

I nodded. "Sure." Not like I had a date to entertain or anything.

"Really! Thanks Caleb! Everything that you need is on the counter!" I nodded and headed off into the kitchen. As I finish putting everything in their bowls which was a lot of snacks. The party had gotten lively. I knew there was a lot of people out there cause I heard the door bell go off nonstop. It stopped a few minutes ago cause Jennifer left the door open. I guess she got irritated getting up every ten minutes. I slowly brought everything out into the living room. I was setting them up on a long table me and Jack had put up together. I pushed through the crowd with a bunch of bowls and set them out on the table. A hand went on my shoulder and I felt those tingles that only came to me when that guy Matthew touch me.

"Hey there beautiful." The devil himself whispered in my ear from behind. I spun around only to come face to chest with Matthew. I let out the breath I was holding and move out the small corner he had me pinned in. He looked so damn sexy and smelt so damn amazing! I just wanted to eat him up. 'Wait! What the hell am I thinking! I'm not into guys. But, why am I so turned on just from looking at him?' I yelled in my head.

Matthew wore a black v-neck T-shirt, dark fitted blue jeans, and light brown timberland boots. "If your done eye raping me. Can I have a hello kiss?" He asked winking at me. I lowered my head between my shoulders as I felt a deep blush making its way to my face. I looked over at Jack who staring at me and Matthew.

I turned around towards the kitchen to go get the plastic cups and the punch bowl Jen had filled with alcohol fruit punch. I could hear Matthew foot steps right behind me as I went through the small crowed hallway to the kitchen. I let out a sigh to see no one was in here as Matthew walked in behind me. "You can't ignore me all night you know." He sweetly purred in my ear as his big arms went around my waist and tried to pull me into a back hug but I moved away quick.

"What is up with you!" I exclaimed. "Stop playing with me dude. I don't have time for these childish ass games! I'm not into guys like that. If this is about your stupid football I threw in the forest i'll go get it or buy you a new one! Just stop. Just stop it already." My voice had went from being loud to a whisper as I finished the sentence. I was shaking and tears were threatening to escape my eyes. My fist were clinched up at my side.

I don't know why I was being so emotional. I shouldn't be showing my weak side in front of a stranger. I should be cursing him out and trying the beat the shit out of him! But this guy he seemed different. Like it was okay to be weak in front of him. Like it was okay to trust him.

Matthew face held a calm expression and he was nodding softly."I'm sorry Caleb I wasn't trying to upset you. I would nev..."

"Well, you are." A voice said calmly from behind him, but you can tell the person was getting aggravated. I looked around Matthew to see Jack standing at the opening of the kitchen door. He was standing up tall trying to look intimidating and it work to me at least. But, Matthew didn't seem threaten. He simply turned around and gave Jack a calm smile.

"I wouldn't hurt Caleb intentionally. I'd never do anything to hurt him." He finish this time. Jack looked at me then back at Matthew.

"Your confusing him." Jack suddenly said angrily before reaching for my arm to pull me away from him, but Matthew blocked him.

"Don't put your hands on him." Matthew said before taking a threating step towards Jack. He didn't back down either he got in Matthew's face. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I didn't want them to fight!

I could see Jennifer standing behind her boyfriend with a worried expression on her face. I had to stop this before it got bad. I moved from behind Matthew and pushed Jack back a little since I couldn't move Matthew.

"You two are scaring Jennifer." I scolded the both of them. "Stop acting like a bunch of lions trying to protect their territory." I said looking up at Matthew who was still looking at Jack.

Jack let out a deep sigh taking Jen by the hand and pulling her out the kitchen. I watched them leave before looking back at Matthew who was now staring down at me with a wide grin.

"That was so damn sexy." He whispered seductively lowering his head to my ear. I felt my face grow hot as I lowered my head between my shoulders.

"Shut up." I said softly. Oh god, What was this guy doing to me I sound like a love sick teenager! "Matthew pressed his lips to the side of my face causing me to jump back from him.

"Caleb?" He growled softly. I wanted to melt in a puddle at his feet! "I wanna take you somewhere." I looked up at him with as curious expression took over my face. "Will you come with me?" He asked softly. There was a small voice yelling at me to go. Follow him! Go we're ever he leads you. But, there was another small voice yelling don't go! You don't even know this guy, at me also.

I mean what the hay. It's not like I was having much fun being the snack boy anyway. I gave him a small nod and found myself being dragged out Jen's kitchen and out of the house. He led me to a candy red dodge four door truck and open the passenger door for me tilting his head signaling me to get in. I hesitated a little but I still ended up climbing in.

A hour had gone by before Matthew turned down a small gravel road in the middle of no where. "Where are we going?" I asked for the 100th time in the hour. He just look at me and gave me the same freaky smile.

"To a party." He simply said. I pushed myself lower in my seat and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I was already at a party." I mumbled but he heard me.

"This party is way better then the one you were just at." He answered. I looked over to him then let out a sigh as he still kept that same smile on his face.

"Oh yeah, well what makes this one better?" I asked with a raise eyebrow. He let a soft chuckle and without looking from the road he said;

"Cause my whole family is going to be there."

**********************************************************************************

*Sorry if I took long updating! But I finally got it done!*

PIC OF ACTOR PLAYING JENNIFER