Chapter 7

"What the fuck!" I yelled as I walked into the house slamming the door behind me. Making sure she knew I was here. I had seen Jack's car out front so I knew he was still here. My mom appeared from the kitchen entrance along with Jack, Leo, and Riley following behind her.

"You should at least call and let your friends know that your okay!" She yelled walking up to me.

"Oh, don't give me that bullshit!" I snapped. "You don't give a fuck about me and neither do they! Jack was sucking face with Jennifer the whole entire time while I played snack boy. So, do not come at me like you knew what the fuck was happening!" I saw the flash of hurt in Jack eyes. I felt bad for saying it, but it was true. Everyone acts like they cared about me, but in all truth they really didn't. At least that's how it seemed to me.

"Caleb. I was worried about you." Jack finally spoke up softly.

"Yeah, man. Me and Leo we're looking for you right when we got there." Riley added. Leo nodded in agreement and I knew he and Riley felt hurt too about my comment.

Riley and Leo never left my side even if I didn't talk or answer any of their questions when they talked to me. They were always having fun and I liked watching them. They seemed like nothing could faze them. But, what I just said, them not caring about me I knew it hit a spot.

I let out a deep sigh, closing my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Just go." I said softly. "We'll talk about it tomorrow." I said waving them away. I heard them both sigh and foot steps walking towards the door.

"We were really worried about you Caleb. Sorry to upset you man." Riley said right before he left out. I didn't look at him or say anything back as the door closed. I opened my eyes and glared at my mom who's eyes were shooting daggers at me.

"I hate you." I mumbled. And started up the stairs to my room.

"What did you say to me Caleb?" She yelled as she follow close behind me.

"You heard me!" I yelled back. "You're always doing shit to make my life miserable! It never fucking fails. From my friends, to my fucking school work, on down to my personal..."

"I'm your mother Caleb James, that's what I'm suppose to do!" She screeched in return. I scoffed.

"No your not! You act like your my mother! When in all honesty you don't care about shit that happens to me." I snapped.

"Awe! Don't go there with me young man!" She snapped back as she follow me into my room. "Your the reason your father left us, he hated having a weak son like you! My life is miserable everytime I see you fucking face! It reminds me of how worthless living this life is!" She yelled as she started stomping her feet and shaking her head. She looked like a little child throwing a temper tantrum. I scoffed again.

"So everything is my fault huh?" I said glaring at her. She was standing in my door way and I was standing in the middle of my room. "You drove dad away without my help. Look at you." I said coldly as I motioned my hand up and down her whole body. "You became worthless to him when you cheated on him and you simply just brought me down with you." I spat. Her eyes started to water and I could see her body started to tremble. I immediately started to feel bad.

Tears started to trail down her cheeks and I mentally started to beat myself up. I started to walk towards her "Mom. I'm..." The sound of her hand connecting to my face echoed throughout the room. My head turned slightly as a flash of pain hit me. I brought my hand to my cheek and glared at her, she was glaring back at me tears streaming down her face now.

"I wish I never had a son like you." She cried her voice coming out shaky. Then she walked out my room and started heading back down the stairs.

I scoffed and moved my hand from my cheek. "Oh yeah! Well I wish I never had a mother like you!" I yelled after her and slammed my door.

I stood there quietly as I heard her sobs feel the quiet air of the house. I wanted to go down there and tell I was sorry but that would make me weak. That would show her she could do what she did to me again and I wasn't gonna have it. I've lived with her torcher for years. I wasn't going back to it. I couldn't. Not now. Not ever. She's part of the reason I became the way I am. I wasn't about to let her change me back into that weak pathetic 8th grader.

***********************************************************

{~I know this chapter was short but I needed you to understand why Caleb is the way he is towards his mom! I hope you enjoyed it!~}