Chapter 9

Harry woke up the next day feeling very excited, he was finally going back to Severus after he had saved Harry from a dungeon not to long ago. He has stopped by the infirmary to say hello to his professor, but when he looked around Severus wasn't there. When Poppy came out of her office she noticed Harry which made her jump back a little. "Why Mr. potter, what are you doing here?" Asked Poppy.
"I was just looking for Professor Snape, Madame Pompfrey."
"Well you just missed him. I sent him back to his private quarters so he could get some rest, but you should be getting down to the great hall for breakfast before class starts" said Poppy with a smile. Harry nodded as he ran out of the infirmary all the way to the great hall.

While back at Snape's quarters, he was laying wide awake in his bed thinking about how in a few hours he will be taken care of by an 11 year old boy. Harry finished eating his breakfast quickly while Draco hasn't even started. "What's got you in a hurry mate?" Asked Draco.
"Today's the first day that I take care of Snape, Draco. How can I not be happy?!"
"Um, because he was in the infirmary, it's not like he's dying or something." Draco said calmly. Harry was about to get defensive, but had to agree he was getting a little over excited about this.

When they were finished eating they started off down to class in the dungeons. During class which was potions, Harry was not having fun, he liked it when Severus taught it but the sub wasn't making it any fun. When the class was over everyone put their stuff away and all filed out of the classroom, back up to the main hall. Harry was finally able to walk on crutches without getting tired. One more week and he'll be able to walk on it without it being in pain.

Transfigurations was fun because he was actually able to turn objects into other things easily. Draco and Harry sat at the same desk and loved to talk. Harry started to help Draco in this class because he kept failing. At the end of class Harry and Draco passed the girl that Harry thinks is Hermione and a red head boy who he just heard his name coming from the girl's mouth. "Honesty Ron, if you're not going to pay attention you're going to fail."
Right then Harry knew he didn't like them. The girl was a know-it-all and the boy was just plain dumb. He couldn't see him liking any Gryffindors either, they were just so annoying. Draco caught him looking at them. "Ah yea, the two bloody Gryffindors, the mudblood know-it-all and the worthless pureblood. His mother had 7 kids and can't even take care of themselves and the mudblood, she is from muggle parents. I don't think she should be at this school, none of the mudbloods should" said Draco angrily.

"Hey Draco?" Asked Harry "what's a mudblood?"
Draco remembered
"Right you don't know, well you're lucky you aren't because they're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. Mudbloods are witches or wizards who were born by muggles, in other words they're the only drop of magic in their whole family."
Harry was amazed because he never knew that there were witches and wizards born from muggle families.
"Does that mean purebloods are full magic families?" Asked Harry.
"Yep" answered Draco with a proud look on his face. "I'm a pureblood" then he smiled.
Harry thought for a minute "hey Draco, are there witches and wizards born from one witch or wizard and one muggle?"
"Actually yes there is, they're called half-bloods nod they're alright, it's not like their an outcast because most of my friends are half-bloods. Well we better get to lunch Harry because I'm starving."

When they got down to the great hall Harry wasn't really hungry and his head was in the clouds thinking what families his parents were from magic or non-magic families. He wanted to know why his aunt and uncle kept this away from him. After lunch Harry and the rest of the students didn't have classes because of a staff meeting that runs until dinner. Harry thought for a moment, then said out loud with excitement "hey! I can go visit Professor Snape now instead of after dinner!" Harry ran down the steps that led to the dungeons and stopped in front of his head of house's quarters out of breath. As Harry caught his breath, he heard singing coming from inside the quarters. The voice was deep and silky and beautiful. Harry didn't recognize because he was never allowed to listen to the radio, but it sounded muggle. He listened hard and heard what sounded to be the last chorus

"you're beautiful. You're beautiful. You're beautiful it's true. There must be an angel with a smile on her face, when she thought up I should be with you. But it's time to face the truth, I will never be with you."

Harry was surprised , was that Professor Snape singing? Harry knocked on the door and after a second of silence he heard a "come in." Harry obeyed and opened the door and stepped inside. "Um Professor, what were you singing?" Asked Harry. Severus' face filled with embarrassment and he quickly said "you heard me singing? Oh great! I'm a horrible singer please don't tell anyone Harry!" Harry was surprised, he had never seen his teacher show any form of self-consciousness before, so it was strange. Maybe it was the potions he was taking. "Professor, you aren't a bad singer at all, I was actually surprised by your voice, you are and amazing singer. What was that song you were singing by the way?" Asked Harry curiously.

Severus, still a little embarrassed, told Harry that it was you're beautiful by James Blunt and that he heard it on the radio one time and he learned the song. It secretly reminds him of Lily. He never meant to call her a mudblood. Growing up in the Slytherin and hearing mudblood twenty-four seven caused it to slip. Harry looked around the quarters and seen a muggle stereo on the coffee table in front of a black leather couch and a black leather chair. They both had green and silver pillows on them and the couch had a green and silver blanket folded over one of the arm rests.

Severus watched Harry explore his quarters and thought about how maybe he isn't like his father, but like Lily. Harry stopped exploring and asked "Professor, what would you like to do until you need to go to sleep?" Severus knew then that he was in for a long night.