Chapter 5

Hey guys here's the new chapter that I promised!

While the train was traveling to Hogwarts Draco and Harry were talking to each other. "So Harry what's up with you and Snape?" Asked Draco. "What do you mean Draco? He just picked me up from my house and took me to Diagon Alley to buy my school stuff!" Harry said defensively. "Oh sorry Harry I didn't mean to be rude I was just wondering because Snape is my godfather." Said Draco with a smile. "Sorry Draco for snapping at you I don't know what came over me, I never yell at friends." Apologized Harry with a smile. "So he's your godfather? how did that happen?" asked harry curiously. "I was told it was because my dad and Severus were like best friends at Hogwarts when they were our age, but I don't know.' Draco looked puzzled when he said that last part. As they talked a old lady pushing a trolley filled with candy stopped and asked if they wanted anything and Harry said that they would take two of each. they ate the candy and talked.

So are we going to get into our robes now? asked Harry. Yeah let's go! yelled Draco as they ran to their luggage. When they returned to their seats, they heard the train driver yell that they are arriving to Hogwarts in 2 minutes so they stuffed the rest of the candy in their robe pockets. Harry and Draco looked out the Window and their jaws dropped open at the sight of the school. As the train pulled to a stop the sky was turning dark and in the distance you could see the glistening of lights in the windows that covered the school. All the first years followed a big tall man named Hagrid up a trail that led to the school doors. As they walked into Hogwarts they heard the sound of music behind big doors that led to the Great Hall. A witch with a green cloak and a pointy black hat who was also wearing rectangular spectacles walk down the stairs. Harry couldn't help feeling that he had seen her before, she introduced herself as professor McGonagall. When the doors opened the sight of the roof made all the first years gasp.

Harry wondered how they got the roof to look like the night sky. Must be magic said Draco who was suddenly beside Harry. As they walked to the front of the hall, Harry caught a glimpse of Snape staring at Draco and him with a smile on his face. Harry smiled back but Snape ignored it. What's with him asked Harry to himself, one second he smiles at me then he next he acts like it never happened. When all the first years gathered around professor McGonagall, she started to speak. "When I call your name from this scroll I want you to come up to the stool and sit while I place the sorting hat of your head." Minerva called the first name "Abbott Hannah " a moment later a blond haired girl stepped up to the stool and let the professor place the sorting hat on her head. the hat yelled "Hufflepuff" and Hannah jumped off the stool and ran to the Hufflepuff table which was clapping and cheering the most.

As people were placed into their houses the more nervous Harry was. After these two first years named Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley were placed in Gryffindor it was just Draco and Harry. Draco was called up and he proudly stepped up to the stool and sat down, the hat barely touched his hat when it yelled Slytherin! Harry stood tall trying not to look scared as he heard the noise die down, Harry Potter! yelled Minerva. Harry stepped up to the stool and sat down he felt everyone's eyes on him. As Harry glanced at the staff table he saw even Snape looking in interest, the hat was placed on Harry's head and started mumbling stuff about courage and wit. After 3 minutes of deciding where to put Harry the hat suddenly yelled Slytherin! Harry smiled when he heard the Slytherin cheer for him, but he heard as the other tables clapped that they wanted him instead. Harry smiled up at Snape who was clapping quite happily but his face showed no emotion at all. After everyone was seated Dumbledore stood up and welcomed everyone to Hogwarts and introduced all the professors. He said that professor Quirrell will not be here for half the year, so a teacher named professor shepherd will be filling in for the time being. When the speech was over Dumbledore winked and plates full of food appeared on each of the tables and everyone dug in.

Harry was shocked at all the food that was there so he didn't go to fill up his plate. Snape who was sitting at the staff table was trying to ignore Minerva talking about how she went to London and saw muggles fighting, and how vicious they are, he glanced over at the Slytherin table and saw that Harry was barely eating. Harry? Draco asked. Why aren't you taking more food? I don't feel like eating lied Harry which Severus heard. After dinner was over Harry and Draco started to walk down to their common room when Harry heard his name being called. Harry turned around to find professor Snape standing behind him and Draco. Harry come with me to my office said the professor sternly. After giving Draco a quick glance of confusion Harry followed his professor to his office. When they reached the dungeons Snape signaled Harry to take a seat in his office, which Harry obeyed. Excuse me sir but why am I here? Am I in trouble? No Harry your not in trouble I just want to talk about today. Why? Asked Harry curiously. Potter I'm the one who's going to be asking the questions here, now shut up! Harry shut his mouth and looked at the professor to show that he was listening. How are you feeling Harry? Are you Glad your in Slytherin? asked Snape. Yes sir I am and I feel fine, I can't wait for potions class tomorrow said Harry with a smile. I'm glad to hear that said Snape quickly. Now Harry did you enjoy the feast? Yes sir it was amazing! said Harry. Well when I looked over at you I noticed that you barely grabbed anything. Are you not feeling well Harry? asked Snape with a worried voice. No sir I feel fine I just wasn't hungry answered Harry. Snape looked unconvinced by Harry's answer but let it go, okay harry you may go but don't be late for class tomorrow. I promise sir said Harry before walking out of the office and closing the door behind him. Severus stayed back for a bit before going to the Slytherin common room to give the rules, thinking about how he will need to watch Harry's eating patterns.

So Harry's in Slytherin woo!

Snape seems a little concerned about Harry's eating habits. You can tell Severus cares for Harry but he's trying so hard not too.

I wonder if he'll find out why Harry's lying about not being hungry.

Sorry for the late post! I hope you liked this chapter. and please keep VOTING and COMMENTING! thanks