Chapter 1

On the night of October 31, 1981 there was an odd looking tabby cat with marks around its eyes that looked like spectacles sitting in front of a house with the number 4 on it. The house was on a street called Privet Drive in the town of Little Whinging in Surrey.

This cat had been watching the house all day, watching the muggles who lived there. As the cat watched the house a man in a dark red cloak with a white beard and half moon spectacles walked up the sidewalk carrying a bundle of blankets close to his chest. The cat turned around as the man approached it, the cat then turned into a woman wearing a dark green cloak, rectangular spectacles, and a dark green pointy hat that covered the tight bun that was holding her hair up.

"I had a feeling you would be here Minerva you always are." Chuckled the man. "Albus it's not safe here for him here the muggles are the worst yet walking around feeling proud of their whale of a son who isn't to bright," piped Minerva. "I have no say in this Minerva he needs to be with family and they are the only ones left, he will be safe here with the wards set up and all",exclaimed Albus. "But Dumbledore those wards will be no help to him if the danger is already inside" hissed Minerva. "Minerva stop babbling nonsense and let's get started shall we" said Albus in a stern voice. Dumbledore carried the bundle of blankets up the walkway leading to the house with the number 4 on it and placed the bundle slowly on the stairs as he did it revealed a little baby fast asleep with a big red lightening scar on his forehead. Dumbledore pulled out an envelope from his cloak pocket and placed it neatly on Harry's stomach. Dumbledore looked back at Harry as he was walking down the walkway back to Minerva and said "see you at Hogwarts Harry Potter", then Minerva and Albus vanished into thin air leaving Harry behind.

The next day

There was a man with a short neck was walking out the door holding a briefcase to go to work when he heard crying on the stairs. the man glared down at Harry and yelled "Petunia come quick there's a baby on the stairs!" just then a tall, thin, horse faced woman stepped next to her husband and saw the baby. "well we can't leave the baby outside Vernon the neighbours will think we're monsters, pick him up and bring him inside", said Petunia with a shaky voice. they read the letter and looked at Harry again who was playing with his blanket and laughing, hey stared at him in disgust and Petunia said "he's a freak like my sister, a freak is going to live in my house. he will not get our love, he will work to stay here I'll get the cupboard under the stairs for his room today while you go to work you're  late right now so go quick. we'll beat the magic out of him like I wished my parents would have done to Lily," hissed Petunia. "he's going to wish he was never born."