Chapter 2

10 years later

"HARRY! HARRY WAKE UP THIS INSTANT!" Yelled his uncle Vernon. Harry groaned as he hit his head on the arch of the cupboard door under the stairs. On the way to the kitchen Harry's cousin came tearing down the stairs and shoved him into a wall, harry hit he wall hard and it made another bruise to decorate his abused body. Harry walked into the kitchen just as his cousin Dudley punched him in the face Just because and harry fell to the ground clutching his face as his uncle Vernon and his aunt Petunia laughed and congratulated Dudley on his great punch. Harry was used to this sort of abuse everyday, and his aunt and uncle never cared about him. They would hit him when he acted smarter then Dudley at school, he needed to do chores everyday without help, he didn't have any friends because everyone at school was afraid that his cousin would beat him up if they talked to him. At home if you can even call it that Harry was victim to Dudley's favourite game Harry Hunting. Harry can run away from Dudley easy but if he does Dudley whines to his parents that he cheated. if he "cheats" then he gets locked up in his room for two days without meals.

As Harry got up from the floor his aunt Petunia handed him a frying pan and said, "you are to make bacon and eggs and if you burn them you wouldn't get the leftovers for breakfast." as Harry was cooking their breakfast he heard the letter slot screech and heard the mail fall onto the mat and the front door. "Harry get the mail I'll watch the food," said his aunt Petunia, as Harry walked up I the mail he had to pull his pants up twice because the were four times bigger then he was do to them being Dudley's hand-me-downs. Harry picked up the mail and searched it like he always did to see if there was anything for him but there never was. on the trip back to the kitchen Harry looked at an envelope that was made of parchment and in green ink it said Mr. H. Potter

the cupboard under the stairs

4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey

As he walked into the kitchen he stuffed the envelope into his pants pocket and finish cooking and serving the food out he took his seat at the table and started reading the first sentence which said Dear Mr. Potter you have been accepted to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Harry looked up at his uncle Vernon who was shoving eggs into his mouth and asked "what is Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry?" His uncle's face suddenly turned into a dark shade of purple then yelled "where did you learn that name boy?" "Here in this letter addressed to me," Harry held up the letter but before he could read anymore his uncle Vernon ripped it out of his hands and threw it into the crackling fireplace in the living room. Harry's aunt pulled him out of his chair and threw him into his cupboard after hitting him on the back with a ruler twice. after the door was closed and locked Harry started crying into his torn pillow and soon cried himself to sleep

At Hogwarts in the headmasters office

"Dumbledore are you sure you want to send Severus to go pick up the boy? you know what happened to him when James went to school here," asked Minerva worriedly. "Yes I do and that is why I'm sending him, so he can see for himself that the boy is nothing like his father except for his looks and maybe his talent in Quidditch but we don't know for sure yet" said Dumbledore. "Now do me a favour and floo Snape to come to my office." Soon after a tall thin black cloaked man with obsidian eyes that have seen death one to many times and long shiny black hair that cupped his face like curtain walked out if the fireplace. "Sir you wanted to see me?" asked Snape. "Yes my boy please sit," asked Albus. Severus sat down in one of the leather back chairs. "Sherbet lemon?",offered Dumbledore. Snape declined the sweet due to not knowing what it was."Sir if that is all you wanted to me for I must get back to my classroom to finish potions for the infirmary." Said a very impatient Severus. "No my boy that isn't all I have to ask, I have a mission for you and you must agree whether you like it or not" Albus's eyes when stern. "What is it headmaster?" Snape asked tiredly. "I want you to take a trip to Surrey and go to the street Privet Drive house number 4, this place is in Little Whinging."

This caught Severus's attention. "Why must I go there" asked Snape. "Because I want you to put another acceptance letter into Harry Potter's room and wait for him at the corner of the street for him," replied Albus calmly. Severus turned pale and looked flushed at the mention of that name. Snape jumped up our of his seat and yelled, "you want me to go pick up James freaking Potter's son and take him? take him where?" "To diagon alley to buy supplies" ,said the man with a twinkle in his eyes. "Sir you want me to take my old bullies son to diagon alley are you mad? Did you happen to forget how James hung me upside down with magic and threatened to pull my trousers down in front of the whole school with his group of marauders." "No I did not I am very aware of that still but I insist that the boy is different." Urged Albus. "Fine!" Snapped Severus "I'll take him but you owe me." With that Snape vanished through the fireplace again and went off to pick up Harry.