im so sorry

michaels pov

ruby knocked on the door and told me it was time to wake up for school. "wheres halsey?" she asked, i didnt realize halsey wasnt lying on me till she asked.

"maybe she woke up early," i told her "im gonna check the bathroom." i got up and walked towards the door. i heard the shower running. "ruby shes in the shower."

"okay dear!" she said and then walked out.

"hals?" i called, no reply. "hals, is everything okay?" no reply. "ruby! do you have a key for halseys bathroom?" i shouted. ruby ran in with the key.

"why?" she asked.

"the showers on but shes not replying." i said, my voice thick with worry. ruby unlocked the door and i ran in to see halsey slumped in the bath. she was pale and her arm red. her right hand covered in dried blood. "ruby call the ambulance!" i cried.

she was naked, but i needed to help her out the bath. i got a towel and picked her up, drying her gently, careful not to rub too hard on the cuts.

i felt the cold of her body through the towel as i wondered how long she had been in there. my body kept her somewhat upright and i picked her up into the bedroom and dressed her in the clothes from the bathroom, it wasnt my place to go through her underwear draw, so i left it out. i didnt really care, i just didnt want her to get any colder.

"halsey?" i asked softly. she was unconscious. the paramedics came in with the stretcher and took her from my arms.
she looked so peaceful, she couldnt die. not yet. she was the only real friend i had, sure i had the guys but they were always out hooking up with people.

tae and luke for example, they got to third base but they didnt fuck because he had no condoms. i didnt realize i was crying till ruby hugged me tight. "do you wanna come in the ambulance with me? robins on his way from work so he'll meet us there." i nodded, not being able to get words out. me and ruby walked downstairs to get in the ambulance with her.

after a stressful ambulance ride and rush in, i was now sitting by her bedside, her strapped to a blood bag and regaining colour in her skin. she was still alive and im confused how to be perfectly honest, but she was still alive and thats all i wanted. her eyes flickered.

"hals?" i asked softly.

"mikey?" she replied softer. i held her hand and brought it to my lips, kissing gently and feeling her warm up. a small smile paste itself on her lips and she opened her eyes fully. "are you okay?"

"are you okay?" i asked putting emphasis on the you. she shrugged her shoulders and looked like she was gonna cry. "tell me when were at yours tomorrow or something okay?" she nodded, relieved for the moment.

"im sorry michael." she told me. "im so sorry i put you through this."

"halsey, you have nothing to be sorry about. im sorry i didnt wake up earlier." i felt so bad. i played around with her hand a bit and then held it in between my two hands, rubbing gently to warm her up.

"thank you michael, i love you." she told me.

"i love you too." i told her.

the doctor walked in and told us that she needed to be connected to blood for an hour or so, then we could go home, but she needed to rest for a few days at home. so i decided id stay over and be her slave for a week. im such a great friend. i knew ruby wouldnt mind and i doubt my mum would either.

ruby and robin came in and engulfed her in a hug. she looked uncomfortable to say the least, but ruby was happy to see her breathing and robin was relieved.
i know i hardly knew anything about her, but after today, i was going to need to, in order to help her and help me understand.

i sat there telling her stories about things me and the guys got up to and she laughed at how fun we were. "noone was that fun at my old school." she told me.

"yeah because i wasnt there." i told her and then burst out laughing. the hour passed quite quickly and i was now helping her walk to the car. she was still pretty weak, but with support she would be fine.

the journey home was silent, ruby looked distressed and upset and robin was emotionless. me and halsey kept shooting each other faces to read and had a silent conversations. when we got to her house ruby asked me to leave. i complied and said bye to halsey, then walked home.

i got home and surprise surprise. noone was in. i went to the kitchen and found some pizza on the counter. i wolfed it down and lay on the sofa. i was incredibly tired so i fell asleep. i woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, halsey. i immediately picked up.

"mikey?" she choked out. "can you come and meet me?"

"yeah sure, the park in 5 mins?" i asked.

"okay," she snuffled "bye."

the line went dead and i jumped into my black converse and ran to the park. i saw her hugging herself and keeping her head down. i ran to her and gently hugged her. "halsey what happened?" i let go.

"im so sorry michael..." she said.

"why are you sorry?" i asked softly.

"im so sorry for putting you through this, i dont wanna hurt you anymore. i cant be your friend anymore because i dont want to hurt you."

"halsey, youre the best thing thats ever happened to me. i used to be a recluse at school, now i feel like i have a friend. a real friend. you havent put me through anything, it feels nice to be needed sometimes. i felt amazing that i could help you. halsey i love you."

"michael, ruby and robin shouted at me so much. they told me i cant see you anymore because of this. they said until i get better, we cant be friends."

"thats bullshit! i cant believe they did that. i thought they liked me! halsey im not going down without a fight." i stepped closer to her and hugged her tighter my blood boiling. "and if you think im leaving, youre wrong."

she got out of hug and wiped her eyes, her mascara running down her face. "michael im sorry." she said.

she turned around and walked down the road back towards her house.

i lost the only person i truly loved.

-+-+-+-+-
authors note; ooh super dramatic i think.

alot of you told me to stop chunking my writing, so i have, i hope its easier to read now!!

im such a drama llama.

ily guys!!

comment the shit out of the book pls!!
cos i love comments!!!!

you guys are greaatt❤

-anny'xo