cut the shit

i woke up groggily and got out of bed. i walked down the stairs. to my surprise, michael was lying on the sofa watching jeremy kyle. "morning hals!" he said cheerily.

"morning?" i tried to copy his cheeriness but failed. "michael... im so sorry-" i started. he got up and walked towards me.

"you have nothing to be sorry for halsey, i understand that ruby and robin made you do that." he said calmly, then engulfed me in a hug. i hugged back, missing the affection. "so, what do you wanna do on our day off?"

"um, listen to fall out boy and dance around the house?" i asked, unsure.

"yes!" he shouted.

the house has speakers, so i plugged in my phone using the aux chord and blasted rat a tat not caring i was still in my pjs.

"its courtney bitch!" i shouted, putting my hands on my hips sassily.

"rat a tat tat rat a tat tat tat hey!" michael chanted.

we continued to listen to my playlist, dance badly and sing worse. at around lunch time, i was starting to get tired. "im gonna shower."

i walk upstairs into the bathroom and get in the shower. washing my hair and body gently, being careful of the cuts. after my shower, i got changed into sweat pants and an oversized tee.

i went downstairs and saw pizza.

"michael. how much was the pizza?" i insisted on paying him back.

"halsey, you dont have to. its a get well present from me!"

"michael seriously!"

"it costs a hug," he opens his arms and walks towards me. "come here."

i give in and hug him gently.

we sat around for the rest of the afternoon talking and listening to fall out boy.

around three o clock there was a knock on the front door. i opened the door to see ashton, luke, jack, calum, mali and tae. 

wait, tae?

i noticed my cuts were showing so i ran upstairs, threw on my pierce the veil hoodie and went downstairs again to find them all comfy in my living room. "so what brought you guys over?" i asked  genuinely curious.

"we wondered where you guys were today." mali replied.

"yeah," tae chimed in. "and i tagged along because i know you already, sorta." her voice trailed off. "halsey, can i speak to you alone?" i nodded, slightly confused.

we walked upstairs into my room and she got straight to the point. "dude, cut the shit, show me your left arm." i started trembling. i lifted up my sleeve and showed her. she winced at the sight of it. "i dont care, whenever you wanna hurt yourself, call me. i dont care what time it is. call me when youre sad." i nodded.

"thank you." i said, as i yanked my sleeve down and walked downstairs behind tae. i hadnt known her long but i knew we would be good friends.

everyone stared at us as we entered the living room, trying to figure out what we had to talk about. seeing as this was literally the second time we had met. i walked over to the sofa michael was on and sat next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder and him leaning his head on mine.

"are you guys dating?" jack asked bluntly.

"no," michael said, he sound slightly sad. "we arent."

"have you fucked?" calum asked.

"no, what the fuck cal!" i shouted nervously. "get out my house." i stood up and pointed towards the door. "go on." he stood up and hung his head in shame. "the rest of you guys as well, ill see you monday." 

i opened the front door and waited for them all to leave. 

"hals, can i stay?" i nodded and smiled gently. "what was that sudden mood change about?" he laughed a little awkwardly. 

"i promise ill tell you soon, theres too much to say and too little time right now, because i am exhausted." he nodded in understanding.

"im not gonna force you dont worry baby," he said. he called me baby, and i liked it. he pulled me in for a hug. "i love you so much."

"you too." i said, barely a whisper.

-+-+-+-+-

authors note: soz for the short filler, ive had writers block and ive been working on a new book!

comment here if you would read it!

also, next chapter is the explanation of ashleys/halseys past, and it will probably be kinda long.

i love you guys for reading!!

-anny'xo