when are you going?

my eyes slowly opened, my surroundings familar.

i was in hospital, yet again.

i tried to move but winced in pain.

"halsey dont move, youre gonna ache and bruise more." michael told me cautiously.

"thank you," i said out loud. "thank you ashton."

"me?" he said, surprised?

"yeah, without you the police wouldn't have found me and neither would you guys. wheres mum and dad?"

"they were taken by the police."

"they might be my biological mum and dad but the moment they fucked my life was the moment they werent any longer. i mean ruby and robin."

"they're outside, we'll leave." luke said.

they all left and ruby and robin came in.

"heya darling, how you doing?"

"aching, but i'll live."

"ash-" robin started. "halsey, we're so sorry this happened again."

"its not your fault rob-" i corrected myself. "dad."

he smiled at me kindly and kissed my forehead.

"the doctors say you have bruised ribs and a broken arm."

"i'll be here for a while then."

they nodded sadly, "but we'll visit as much as we can and we'll try and be here for you."

"thank you guys, i love you so much. i know i dont tell you guys enough but you mean so much to me and i dont appreciate it."

they hugged me gently, trying not to hurt my body.

"we're going home to freshen up, we'll see you tomorrow."

then they left and ashton came back in.

"ash, why did you do it?"

he huffed deeply.

"the first time, i was behind in my payments to your parents. it was the only way they would clear my debt with them. yesterday, they took my brother and sister and wired me up so if i didn't go along with the plan, they'd kill them. that's why before i went in and they wired me up i called the police to go to the address."

i finally understood.

"I'm so sorry i put you through that all, i didn't recognize you at school or anything until i called michael the other day and told me about your nightmare."

"it's okay ashton, if i was put in your situation i would have done the same."

"thanks hals," he said and hugged me gently and then left the room to be replaced with michael.

michael sat down with his head in his hands, shaking his head frantically muttering to himself.

"mikey, whats up?"

he didn't reply, instead he kept muttering to himself.

"michael?"

he looked up, his eyes bloodshot and baggy.

"michael go home and sleep. please."

"HALSEY WHAT DON'T YOU GET, HOME IS WHERE YOU ARE AND YOU'RE LEAVING TO AMERICA. I WON'T HAVE A HOME IF YOU'RE MOVING." michael shouted at me.

"I'm moving?"

"didn't ruby and robin tell you?" he asked in disbelief.

"no..."

"they're sending you to america to stay with real family, your aunt or something."

"come with me."

"i can't halsey, the boys and i are gonna move to australia"

"since when?"

"this morning, our parents called and decided they wanted us to move back in."

"doesn't your mum live here?"

"she moved back to Australia last week."

"oh."

he nodded slowly.

"she didn't leave a note, just took all her things and left."

"im sorry to hear that."

"i spent the last week running after you and your shit, but i wouldn't have had it any other way."

"Michael i love you so much, I'm sorry we have to part like this. did ruby and robin tell you when im going?"

"i think they're packing your stuff right now."

"ive got something for you, but ill give it to you in the airport before i leave. when are you going?"

"in a few days, day after you probably. halsey i love you so much."

"i love you more."