this wont be the last time i see you

i stormed away from michael, tears already running down my face. i hated feeling like this, so weak and helpless. i started to walk home, fast.

the sky was getting dark but i didnt mind. darkness was more of a cover to hide behind. i made it out of the park and on to the street.

i was about ten minutes away from home when i noticed there was someone behind me. normally i wouldnt think much of it, but in my gut i had a bad feeling, like something bad was about to happen.

i crossed the road without looking behind me, but i could hear the footsteps getting louder and louder. suddenly i saw an alley to my left and walked in, praying that whoever was following me would just walk right past.

my heart pounded as i heard the footsteps approach. i leaned against the wall and my heart stopped as i saw the man walk into the alley.

he walked right up to me and i could see the dirt on his skin. he grabbed my shirt with his hand and pulled me out of the alley. there was a big black van parked right outside and i didnt have time to think as he opened the door and threw me in.

his hands on me had felt rough and unclean. i immediately started rubbing the back of my neck to see if there was any dirt. there was nothing there, but it felt so wrong. it felt like my dad.

i was kicking on the van door crying out for help.

"screaming isnt gonna help darlin'." the driver said. "gonna make things a whole lot worse for ya."

"get me out!" i cried louder. "what did i even do?!"

"its not you darlin', its your mother. she owes us money."

i swallowed hard and breathed deeply. i havent heard anything about my mother for months. "i havent seen her for months."

"well, we are using you as... lets say, an exchange. she brings our money and you go fine. if she doesnt, im just gonna say the consequences wont be so good."

i started crying more, not screaming. my tears were flowing and not stopping. i hated crying all the time. i miss michael. he probably hates me now. i couldnt turn to him after this. i gave up fighting, i hadnt eaten for a day, i was exhausted and i was in pain.

i fell asleep in the back of the van and was awoken by the sudden stop. i sat up, confused. "whats happening?" i asked, terrified.

"ask no questions, and ill tell no lies." he winked at me.

this man looked strangely familiar. then it hit me. my mum used to bring him down to the basement to pay him for the drugs, in other ways... she sold herself, and im guessing, now shes stopped, he wants the cash.

he grabbed my jumper and yanked me out the van into a deserted building. it looked like an abandoned factory and as he pulled me along with him, i noticed there were sewing machines in rows and rows, they all had dust on them yet still had clothes in them as well as thread.

he continued to pull me till we were right at the back of the factory in an isolated room, which i was assuming to be sound proof. he threw me on the floor and locked the heavy metal door.

"ill bring you food three times a day, and water. theres a toilet in there, and a bed. if you need anything else, just call." he told me, before walking off.

he seemed strangely nice. i lay on my bed and looked up to the ceiling wondering. did i do the right thing with michael? does he hate me?

right then, i felt my phone vibrate. i looked at it.

7missed calls, 43 texts ((mikeywikey))