seven.

asher.

when jack opened the door I knew we were in for it.

"what is he doing here?" jack questions.

"we were at his place working on a history project." I explain.

"and you wore that?" he asks.

"I went to sophie's for dinner first. it's her grandfather's birthday." I lie again.

"cut the bullshit. he's not wanted anywhere near us." jack states trying to pull me inside.

"jack let go of asher." molly says from behind us. "come on in sam it's been forever."

"yep, how's college." he asks.

"it's okay." she smiles.

"I've got to get going. see you later ash." he says before giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"don't let jack scare you off. he's really just a big softy." molly laughs making jack roll his eyes.

"really ash? out of all the guys in omaha you just had to go on a date with sam?" jacks questions after sam walked out the door.

"jack chill it's not like we're having sex." I scoff making molly laugh a little.

"shit please don't talk like that it's disgusting." he says covering his eyes with his hands.

"jack she's eighteen she knows what boys she likes and you don't get to control that. sammy is a nice kid and you're just being a prick." molly tells him keeping her cool.

"whatever." he grumbles before running off to his room.

"thanks for backing me up." I say sheepishly before hugging her.

"no problem. how about you bring him home for dinner tomorrow? mom said she's making lasagna." she smiles.

"I'll ask him." I reply before going to my room.

----

the next day at school I was eating lunch with sophie when nate came and sat beside us.

"what's up ladies?" he questions sliding his arm around sophie's shoulders.

"what do you want nate?" sophie asks removing his arm from around her shoulder.

"can I not just come and talk to two of the hottest girls at our school without wanting something?" he challenges as we both shake our heads no.

"okay you caught me. as you both know sam's birthday is coming up and I need help planning a surprise party." he admits.

"why can't you do it by yourself? you do every other year don't you?" I question rolling my eyes.

"I thought since you were his girlfriend you'd want to help." he shrugs.

"I'm not his girlfriend. what makes you think that?" I ask suddenly getting defensive.

"I just thought..." he starts.

"whatever we'll help you." sophie cuts in.

"great meet me at taco bell later tonight." he says before getting up.

"wait I can't I'm having dinner with sam tonight." I mumble the last part.

"but of course you aren't his girlfriend." nate smirks making me roll my eyes.

sophie and I sit in silence for a minute or two before our lunch is interrupted yet again.

"why was nate over here just now?" sam questions.

"he wanted to borrow my math homework." sophie lies. sam questions it a little at first but then shrugs.

"we still on for tonight?" he asks looking at me.

"yep, apparently everyone's missed you. other than jack of course." I laugh a little.

"oh yeah how'd last night go?" he questions.

"we had a small argument then molly told him off." I explain.

----

later that night I was in the kitchen watching my mom cook dinner.

"I would ask you to help me cook but I think we both know that would end in disaster." she smiles.

"it's not my fault I can't cook." I shrug.

the doorbell rings and jack gets to the door before I even get up.

"ash you're fuckboy is here." he shouts in disgust earning a glare from mom.

"we're in the kitchen." I yell back. sam walks into the kitchen holding a bouquet of flowers.

"you got me flowers last night." I laugh a little while giving him a hug.

"these are for your mom don't be greedy." he says handing them to her.

"thank you sam I've missed seeing you here all the time." she smiles.

"I don't even like you why are you here?" I ask him.

"I've been asking myself the same question." jack huffs.

"get over yourself jack." our mom scolds him.

once mom is done with dinner I call everyone down and we gather around the table. jack keeps pretending to shoot himself.

"it's been too long sam." my dad smiles at him.

"agreed sir."

"isn't your birthday coming up?" laura questions.

"yeah a few weeks before asher's." he smirks.

"I hate you for always holding that over my head." I huff.

"I hate him too." jack groans.

"anyways how's basketball?" my dad asks.

"same as always. we're playing a pretty big game the night before winter formal." he explains. (idk basketball://)

"are you two going to winter formal together?" molly questions smirking.

"no way I hate school dances." I say in disgust.

"she says that now." sam laughs making me kick him a little under the table.

****

I made another young wilk fan fic so go give it a read if ya wanna:-))