T w e n t y

Tessa's pov.

"Chinese take-out?" Sammy asks and I nod. He smiles and goes to the closest one, Sammy wasn't all bad. He was friends with Jack so I consider he's a lot like him but not as bad.

When we reach the place he goes inside and orders for us. I was just waiting in the car for him, when my phone starts buzzing. I don't bother looking at the ID and pick up.

"Tessa?" I could hear Jack's heavy voice. He seemed upset, and worried.

"What is it Jack? I'm busy, just leave me alone." I say.

"Tessa please you gotta listen to me, I'm-" I don't even let him finish. I hang up and Sammy comes back out with a small cardboard box.

"Your place?" He asks and I nod. The food smelled amazing, making my mouth water.

"Jack called didn't he?" Sam asks and I sigh running my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, but I hung up. He isn't worth my time nor do I need to listen to his bullshit." I say and he agrees.

"Why do you waste so much time on him? Like don't get me wrong he actually seems to care about you but, why?" He asks and I shrug.

"I don't know. I honestly don't even know." I say. He continues driving while I tell him where to turn.

"And take a left here!" I say turning into the gate entrance. Sammy's eyes widen at the sigh of the enormous house, if it even is that. He parks his car and we get out, grabbing the food.

"Your parents home?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders. I open the door to find the house is empty.

"Guess not." I say and put my purse down. I go into the kitchen along with Sammy behind me.

"That dress is short. Everyone was staring!" Sammy says and I giggle.

"Oh well, a girl can't have her fun?" I say grabbing two water bottles. He smiles at me and bites his lip.

"So you and Jack?" He begins and I glare at him. I laugh and throw my head back.

"Me and Jack? Me and Jack nothing. He's nothing to me nor do I need him in my life. All he goes is get mad at me for everything I do." I said opening the styrofoam boxes with rice.

"Oh my gosh! Fried rice, my favorite! How did you know?" I joke and he laughs. I take a seat on the counter and so does he.

"Holy shit this is good." He says and takes a spoonful into his mouth. I laugh at him and continue to eat.

He stops and looks at me for a second,"I'm uh-sorry about your mom. Shawn kinda brought it up, he didn't mean to though."

I pick at my food,"Yeah thanks, means a lot." He lifts up my chin and places a small kiss on my lips.

"Your lips greasy!" I say and he laughs, giving me a cheeky smile.

"So does this count as a first date?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know Sammy, maybe it does maybe it doesn't." I say and he smiles and continued to eat.

I finish up my food and put my plate in the sink, along with Sammy's.

"So this was, nice." He says and I nod my head. I look at him and give him a long hug.

"Thank you, for everything. I would've stuck at that party and god knows what Jack would've done." I say, my arms wrapping tightly around him.

"No problem. It was my pleasure." He says and I smile, looking up at him. I stand on my tippy toes and kiss him and he bit my lip softly.

His hands travel over my body, gripping the back of my thighs, indicating to jump up. I do as his actions tell me to and wrap my legs around his torso. He begins to kiss me slowly, down to my neck.

"S-Sammy wait." I say and he stops immediately. He looks worried and upset at the  same time.

"G-gosh I'm sorry." He says and carefully puts me down.

"Don't be! I-it's okay!" I say nervously. He scratched the back of his head and I sigh.

"I'm sorry again. I'll uh-see you around Tessa." He says and with that he leaves. I hear the door close and I groan. 

I go upstairs and kick off my heels. Falling onto my bed I hide my face in the pillows. Then, I began to cry and cry. Everything I've needed to let out I let out, Jack most of all. He's the reason for about everything these days and I hate how he's so in control of my life.

I just wanted to go to sleep forever and never wake up. Never wanted to see anyone again, wanted to start over. Things that simply won't happen no matter how hard I try.