T w e n t y e i g h t

Tessa

I run outside, trying to see if Sammy left yet. He turns around and I run up to him.

"You said you can prove it to me." I said and he nods.

"He's not who you think he is." He says and I gulp.

"Then prove it to me." I say and he nods.

"Tonight. He's going to a huge party, it happens only once a year. The duke throws it, it's a crazy party. We can go and I'll show you, but stay by me at all times, it's dangerous." Sammy says.

"Okay, sounds good." I say.

"I'll pick you up around eight?" He asks.

"That sounds fine." I mumble. He says goodbye, gets in his car and leaves.

I sigh, going back inside. My trust for Jack is strong, I love him. Though, Sammy has always been right. He's always known best, and he's the kindest.

Going upstairs, I grab my phone and realize Jack texted me. A good 5 times. I read them all and furrow my eyebrows at the last one.

Hey, how are you doing?

Babe

Tessa answer the phone

Come on I'm bored, can I come over?

Whatever, you hate me anyways.

I ignore what he says and go take a shower. I picked out a nice strapless red dress. I've never worn it before but I loved it so much, it was so beautiful.

As I did my makeup, I straightened my hair as well. My hair straightened made me happy inside and I have no idea why.

Putting on the dress I heard the doorbell ring and I realized it was already 7:40. I threw on a pair of heels and rushed downstairs.

When I opened the door, a well dressed Sammy stood in front of me. I smile at him as he eyes me. Did I look bad or something?

"Tessa...holy shit. You look really good, like really good." He says and I smile.

"Thank you." I say and close the door behind me.

We get in the car and I can already feel my body heating up. I was nervous and my heart was racing.

What am I gonna see at this party?

Part of me wanted to stay home but the other part is dying to know what he's doing. For some reason, this felt bad.

time passes and we end up at a huge house. They were people throwing cups outside, running around, drinking, smoking, etc.

Sammy looks at me and reassures me that I'll be fine and to stay by him at all times. I get out the car, walking up the huge house. Sammy slips an arm by my waist and I gladly accept.

We walk inside to dancing, loud music. It's like a frat party but much, much worse.

"Let's try to find Jack." Sammy shouts over the music. I nod and follow his way.

We begin to look but no luck, Jack didn't even seem to be here. Sammy began to get mad at the fact Jack wasn't here. I try and clam him down but nothing was working.

"Fuck, I was supposed to prove it!" He says loudly.

"Sammy, it's okay." I say.

He pulls me out onto the balcony where people were smoking and laughing.

"It's not okay Tessa." He says looking me in the eyes. I look away and look down at the ground.

"W-what the f-fuck?" I say.