T w e n t y s e v e n

Jack

It was finally time to go back home, I was so tired already of this bullshit family time. I look over to see Tessa looking up at the wall.

"Babe? Did you sleep?" I ask and he nods her head no. She gets up and goes into her suitcase throwing on a pair of Nike pros and a pink hoodie.

"Babe? What's wrong?" I ask her and she puts the suitcase on top of the bed. She doesn't say anything and starts packing my clothes.

"Tess, I'm talking to you." I say but she continues to just ignore me.

"Alright, ignore me." I mumble standing up. I run my fingers through my hair. I grab a red shirt and black jeans and put them on. Tessa is standing there basically staring into space.

"Tess, what the fuck is going on?" I ask her and she turns around to look at me.

"Nothing, I'm tired." She says and I grab her by the sides of her arms.

"No, no. This is not my Tessa, you always wake up cheery and happy and all that shit. What's wrong why won't you tell me?" I say and she looks down without saying a word.

"I'm tired." She says and I clench my jaw and walk away. I leave, closing the door behind me. She's so on and off, last night was fucking amazing and now she's all don't talk to me. I swear, I don't understand this girl at all.

I said goodbye to my father, Emily and Charles.

"Tessa says goodbye as well, she's just not feeling well." I say and Charles looks up at me.

"Feel better Tessa." He says and his mother looks down at him.

"He hasn't spoken in forever." She says and almost starts to cry. Charles smiles at his mother and my father looks at me.

"Take good care of her. She's good for you, you need her Jack." He says and I nod.

"I know." I whisper and go back upstairs.

When I go inside Tessa has her suitcase in her hands, along with her purse. We take our things into my car and head off back to campus.

I turned on the radio and tapped my fingers along to the beat. Tessa was on her phone, texting someone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked and she turns off the phone.

"A friend from back home." She says, and I look at her carefully.

"Mmm." I say and let out a deep breath.

She closes her eyes and falls asleep. I felt like so distant from her, even though she was right next to me.

I hold on to her hand, but she slips it away. Biting my lip, I see her open her eyes and then close them again.

She stays quite for the rest of the time and so did I. When we got back to campus I dropped off my things at my dorm and went to go take Tessa back home.

"Are we here yet?" She asks and I nod.

I help her with her things and we go inside. She tells me to put them in her room and I do as she says.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask but yet again she nods her head no. I watch her as she climbs into bed, she lays peacefully and closes her eyes.

"Alright, well um- I'll see you later Tessa." I say and leave shutting the door.

Tessa

I was tired, tired of not getting enough sleep. It felt pained, alone and scared. My body was shaking and I felt cold.

My phone began to ring and it was sammy. I ignored it, not caring about him right now.

Sammy
I'm coming over, we need to talk

I groan, pulling myself up from bed. Sammy wasn't all bad, but I promised Jack that I wouldn't go near him or Nash.

Jack isn't the owner of me, he treats me like property. That's one of the things I can't stand about Jack, it drives me insane.

I went downstairs and poured myself and glass of orange juice. My throat hurt like crazy and I knew I was sick from the trip, I probably won't be able to go to class tomorrow.

The doorbell rang and I rushed over to get it. When I open the door I see a sad Sammy, hands shoved in his pockets and his beautiful brown eyes.

"Hey." I mumble and let him in. He walks inside and turns around as I close the door.

"What's up?" I ask. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"I have feelings for you. Like I really do and Jack doesn't give two shits about you and I can prove that. He doesn't care Tessa, I know this sounds crazy. I know all of this does, but you gotta trust me, Jack is no good for you." He says and I'm taken in by all this.

"I-I uh Sammy. He does care." I say in a shaky voice.

"Has he told you he loves you?" He asks looking into my eyes harshly.

"Y-yeah." I say and he runs his fingers through his hair.

"Fuck." He says.

"Listen to me Tessa, okay?" He says placing his hands on my shoulders.

"You're not the first." He begins and I tilt my head to the side in confusion.

"He's played, many many girls. He's ruined their lives, ruined everything about them Tess. I don't want you to be next." He says and I back away from him.

"He would never do that to me Sammy." I say and Sammy looks at the floor. He sighs and says,"You love him don't you?"

"Y-yes, yes I love him. I love Jack." I say and he shakes his head.

"Tess, he's no good for you. I promise you." Sam says and I look him in the eyes deeply.

"Jack would never hurt me." I say and he walks past me and leaves, slamming the door.