Chapter 18 : Confessions

I just wanna say that, yes, I did change the title and cover. Is it better? Tell me in the comments below! Thanks for reading :)

********** 

Chapter 18 : Confessions

I broke away from my best friend with a startled look on my face. He chuckled, and held me to his chest. For the second time that day, Anthony put his lips to my ear.

“Are they still looking?”

“Who?”

“Your parents. Are they?” I looked under his arm, and sure enough, my parents were looking at us in horror.

“Yeah, they are.” Anthony pulled back, and caressed my right cheek.

“Are they still looking now?” Discreetly, I let my eyes wonder past him, and saw my Dad being dragged away by my Mother.

“No. They just left,” I said as they disappeared from my sight. He immediately dropped his hand and made his way to a nearby bench.

“Thank God that’s over.” I plopped down on the bench beside him. “Sorry if that felt awkward. No hard feelings?” He reached out his right hand, and I shock it. A wave of relief flooded through my veins.

“No hard feelings. I was kind of surprised actually. What caused you do that?”

“I thought it would annoy your parents. Mission accomplished.” Anthony turned his face to the left, so we were face to face. “No offence or anything, but your Mom seriously has a bad attitude for such a pretty face.”

“I know right? She got it in her head that she’s a model, and now she can’t stop.” I shook my head n disappointment.

“We should get going,” Anthony said, getting up. He held his hand out to me, and I took it.

“Yeah, we should. What time is it?” I asked as I stood up. He dropped my hand, and checked his phone for the time. Anthony squinted at the screen.

“It’s almost five, weirdly enough.”

“Damn, it’s late. I didn’t know we took so much time! We really do need to get going.”

“I’ll hail down a cab.” Just as Anthony was about to raise his fingers to his lips, I heard a familiar voice talk.

“Well, fancy seeing you two lovebirds here,” The voice commented. I turned around, and all I could see was a shirt cladded chest. Looking up, my thoughts were confirmed. Avery.

“Hello, Mark,” I said.

“What the hell do you want?” Anthony greeted in a not so greeting voice. In fact, he sounded like he was threating Mark.

“Listen, man. I’m sorry for hitting your girlfriend, alright?” Mark told Anthony. Anthony wouldn’t take it.

“First of all, Chesca ain’t my girlfriend. She’s not with anyone. Second, you better be sorry. Hitting a girl.” Anthony shook his head.

“She’s not?” Mark’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “But I saw you kiss her outside the café.”

“We did that to annoy my parents,” I butted in. Mark faced me, face still full of the same emotion.

“Really?” I nodded my head. “Wow.”

“What do you want, Mark? Say it, or leave,” Anthony said. Mark nodded at him.

“Listen, Frank. Franchesca. Whatever. I just want to say that I’m sorry. I really am. I never knew about your secret. Kiana said that she slept with Frank, and I guess jealously overtook me. But now I know that she was merely just jealous that I was hanging out with you guys so much. I should’ve broken up with her when she threw herself at Anthony. He was just too good of a friend to give in to her. But I did yesterday, and I’m never going back.