Chapter 3 : Water

I've dedicated this to Bellaaa_. She wrote the first story I ever read on Wattpad, and it's still, to this day, my favorite. Don't ever delete it!

**********

Chapter 3 : Water

When I started walking into homeroom just after the first bell rang, realization hit me. Sports. I had to do a sport. I never was the athletic type of girl. Sure, I ran and jumped and swam. But that was it. I never actually trained for anything, and I never really was good in the first place. When I took a spot at the back-corner of the room, I saw the board. The options. Lacrosse, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Boxing, Track and Field. They took sports seriously. Problem was, I couldn’t play lacrosse. I hadn’t even heard of it until that day. At football, I sucked. Bad. Soccer was out of the question too. I couldn’t kick the ball if my life depended on it. I couldn’t do boxing, because I can’t live up to their requirements (You know, muscle and height and stuff like that.). As for Track and Field, I’m too much of a klutz. So that left Swimming. At least at Connor Stanley, they allowed full body swimsuits. So my boob problem was cleared up. But my biggest problem was this: My wig. I refused to chop off all my hair, so my shoulder length hair was tucked under a wig. Good thing was the wig is the best quality you can get. Rumor in the modeling biz is that it’s waterproof.

The bell rang, and it was the beginning of Lunch. Here at Connor Stanley, lunch starts at twelve and ends at three. I had three hours. I dragged myself into the cafeteria and bought the first thing I saw on the menu. Teriyaki Chicken. I took that for take-out. Grabbing everything and a coke, I ran to the suite. I needed space. Being around too much testosterone isn’t good for you. At all. People may say I over reacted, but imagine being the only girl in an all-boys school. The guys kept making fun of my short stature, and I had to keep on creating the lamest excuses so they would shut-up about it. Then there are the academics. I used to get straight-A’s and maintained a 3.9GPA from Waverly, and yet there I was, stressing over math. I used to have AP-Math, but at Connor Stanley, they degraded me, and put me in the regular junior class. I thought I could handle it. I thought wrong. I burst through the suite door, thankful that none of the guys were there. A mere five minutes later, I had scarfed down the chicken, and drank all the coke.

Turns out, I fell asleep. I fell asleep on my bed after eating. No idea how. Or no idea why. Maybe I really was that exhausted. But I woke up. Courtesy of Anthony throwing a pillow on my face.

“Oi! Wake up!” He said, still pounding the pillow onto various parts of my body.

“I’m up! I’m up!” I told him whilst trying to grab the pillow. Unfortunately, he was able to keep it out of my reach.

“Hurry, you have five minutes to get to your next class. Which, according to the schedule on your table, is Computer Science. And that’s on the other side of campus.”

“Shit! I’m late!” I shot out of bed, and thankfully, the pillow-pounding didn’t cause any damage to the location of my corset.

The rest of the day passed by uneventfully. Thank God. People finally got it that I was just a naturally short guy. To be honest, I’m not that short, they’re just freakishly tall. I have yet to see anyone, that wasn’t a teacher, that was under 5”10. And the people who were 5”10 were considered short. So I was the shortest in the whole school. Super. Plus, I could barely see the board in front of me. People just blocked my way. Stupid boys with their height and board shoulders. But this was the least of my problems. I had sport the following day, and, according to the bulletin posted outside the cafeteria, I had swimming. So my full bodied swimsuit was under my bed, ready for me to grab tomorrow, right after lunch.

People stared at me as I walked over to the pool. I jumped in, hoping they would stop. Thankfully, they did. I put my head under the water, and through my goggles, I saw everything. Everyone had tone stomachs. Damn. I was the only one in the stupid swimsuit; everyone else was in their trunks. I wished for the first—and last—time in my life that I was in a normal girl swimsuit instead. The teacher blew her whistle.

“Attention people! Nice to see you back in the pool gentlemen, but you can’t play right now. Everybody will be tested today to see what level you’re in, so everyone out of the pool!” She looked at the clipboard in her right hand as me and the rest of the class got ourselves out of the water. “We’re going to do this in threes. First up! Avery, Mark; Burns, Jason; Carlton, Josh. In the pool now and do five laps non-stop. Go!” Another blow of her whistle. I looked around, and surely enough, I saw Mark. I didn’t expect him to be here. In fact, I didn’t remember seeing him come in. But there he was. The tallest out of the three at 6”5. I found it unbelievable that he’s that tall. He was more than a foot taller than me. Then I saw it. He had the best abs out of all of them. Well defined and obvious that he worked out. His muscles were ripped as well, but it was really his stomach that captured my attention. Damn was he hot. But then again, he’s also a jerk. Three days I’ve been there, and he hadn’t said a single word to me. The three of them dived into the pool in perfect arches. And off they went.

Good news first. My wig really is waterproof. Bad news is that my corset isn’t. It survives water, but you notice the extra weight. But at least I had a sport. It can’t be worst than this.