Chapter 21 : Prom Crash

OMG! I got to 1000+ views! Thank you guys so much. You don't know how much this means to me.

Just so you know, this is the last chapter, but there will be a short epilogue. Hope you guys enjoyed the story! Btw, if you see any mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me, and of course, if you like the story, vote and comment!

Chapter 21 : Prom Crash

If there was anything better than seeing clean-cut men in tuxes, it was seeing my boys clean-cut and in tuxes. Sure, I saw them all dolled up during the Masquerade ball, but this was exemplary. There was only one way to describe them.

Wow.

“Ready, Chesca?” Mark’s voice snapped me out of my trance, and I hooked my left arm through his.

“Yeah. As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“You look beautiful, by the way,” He whispered into my ear.

“Stunning,” The rest of the guys commented simultaneously.

“Thanks. You guys look awesome.”

Together, we walked towards the hall, never passing a fellow schoolmate. We all knew we were late, and the boys’ dates were already inside, but we couldn’t risk the others seeing a guy come in, and a girl come out of our suite. It would be better if we enter late.

I stood out of the massive doors of the hall for what seemed like ages, suddenly regretting that we waited forty-five minutes. Everyone—and I mean everyone—would be staring at us. The latecomers. But I knew it was too late to turn back time. I had to suck it up; I had to face my decisions and their consequences.

“This is it,” Anthony announced. “Open it up, boys.” And with that, Paul and Derek pushed the doors open, reveling us to the crowd behind the doors. Gleefully, Paul, Derek, and Anthony hurried into the room, looking for their dates.

I, on the other hand, froze. I was being stared at by what seemed to be thousands of people. It was not good for me; I was never much of a people person.

“Are you alright, Franchesca?” Mark asked me, tugging my arm a little. For the second time in ten minutes, he put me out of my trance. I tore my eyes from the crowd, and looked up into his grey eyes.

“Yeah, let’s just get this done with.” Slowly, we walked into the hall, and became part of the people.

The next thing I know, all of us, including the boys’ spectacular looking dates, were sitting around the table, laughing.

“… And then, she thought,” Anthony wasn’t able to finish the story of my dress shopping for the masquerade ball, simply because he was too busy laughing. So I, being a good person, finished it for him. Before I subsequently burst out laughing.

“… Anthony and I were together!” And with that, everyone else started laughing hysterically with us both.

“That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard!” Derek said in between the laughs.

“So, how is it so far?” We were at the buffet table, picking up the food, when Mark popped the question.

“It’s good. I think. Definitely better than I expected, though,” I replied without looking at him.

“That’s good. That’s good.”

Before anything else was said, the door slammed open, and everybody turned their heads to look at the person causing the racket. As soon as I laid my eyes on the person, I knew who it was.

Kiana.

You,” She said, pointing a finger at Mark while she walked towards us. “I knew it.”

“What are you doing here, Kiana?” Mark asked calmly.

“I knew you were cheating on me!”

“What are you talking about?”

“We just broke up, and already, you’re here, at the Prom we were supposed to go to, with a first class whore!” That was where I drew the line. Bitch about Mark all you want, but pull me into it, and I’ll snap. And boy did I snap.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” I bitterly asked her. She whipped her head to the left to look me in the eye.

“You were the one who took my Mark away from me,” Kiana said angrily.

“I did not take Mark away from you. You and your lying ass did.”

“I did it to try and keep our relationship together!”

“If you didn’t overreact, nothing would’ve fallen apart!”

“You little bitch!” And with that, she pushed me. Hard. The plate I was still holding fell out of my grip, and I went crashing into the buffet table. The food went everywhere.

I went bitch crazy. I got up in a matter of seconds, and pushed her just as hard. She staggered backwards, even though she was wearing flats. You could see the sauce stain my hands left on her white shirt.

After I pushed her back, she thought that maybe pulling my hair was a better idea. It hurt, and so, I kicked off my heels, and smashed my foot down on her skinny jean covered leg.

“OW!” She yelled in pain.

Kiana slapped my face, and I decided that I couldn’t take it anymore. I killed her. Figuratively. I only punched her until she fell to the ground. I sat on her stomach, one leg on each side.

“YOU. DO. NOT. GO. AROUND. ACCUSING. PEOPLE!” One punch for each word.

“Whoa, Franchesca, stop it,” Anthony said, grabbing my fists and pulling me back to my feet.

“Lemme at her!” I yelled, trying to break free from his grasp. He circled his arms around my waist, preventing me from moving from my spot.

“No, Chesca, stop. Calm down,” He whispered into my ear. “The teachers are coming.”

It was obvious what happened next. The party ended, and Kiana and I were kicked out. So, I went back in as Frank, and nothing was really noticed.

For the rest of the year, everything was smooth. Mark and I dated, and, although I moved back to Miami for senior year, we remained strong. But of course, that had to end too. He got into Cambridge, and I haven’t seen him since our last summer together. I had seen my first love walk through airport security, and into his future. I don’t think I could’ve been any prouder then.

My year at Connor Stanley taught me how to be more confident, and when I walked back into Waverly High, I created a new identity for myself. I got friends, and refused to be pushed around.

That was the story of how I met my first love. He wasn’t my last, and we didn’t reunite and realize we were the only ones for each other. No. It wasn’t like that. When Mark and I met again, we met with a certain sense of understanding. He wasn’t the one for me, but he taught me many things. He taught me how to love.