Chapter 13 : Seriously Pissed Off

“M-Mark,” I was able to utter in between sobs.

“Seriously? What’s wrong with that?” I looked up at Anthony. I could see in his eyes that he didn’t mean it sarcastically.

“It’ll be awkward, and Mark’s an a-class jackass!”

“But he digs you.” I did not know that.

“No he doesn’t.”

“He digs Franchesca.”

“But I’m also Frank, and he has a girlfriend.”

“But dude, did you see his eyes when we were out on Christmas?” I shook my head. “His eyes turned the darkest shade of gray; he does that when he’s jealous.”

“He wasn’t jealous. He was with Kiana!”

“Whatever you say, Franchesca. But still, it won’t be awkward. It’s not like he’s going to be talking about the kiss every minute of the day.”

“You’re right. Yeah. I can handle it.” I sat up, and put my head on Anthony’s shoulder. He hugged me to his side.

“That ‘a girl.” Anthony put the side of his head against mine as my tears started to dry. I don’t normally cry, but for some reason, that day, my EQ couldn’t handle it anymore. After a while, he started to stand, but I stopped him.

“Can you sleep here tonight?” I pointed over to the sofa-bed in the corner.

“Of course. I’ll stay here until you fall asleep.” I nodded. Sooner or later, I did fall asleep, with the party downstairs still going strong.

I woke up on my bed, draped upon it in a weird position. I was still in my dress. I pulled myself up, twisted my body to the left, and rested on my right elbow. Looking out the floor-to-ceiling windows, I noticed that the sofa-bed was pulled out, and Anthony was sleeping soundly. I smiled, knowing that my best friend was true to his word. He stayed with me last night. Wordlessly, I stood up, grabbed Frank’s clothes and a towel, and I walked to my bathroom.

An hour later, I was all clean and Anthony was still sound asleep. I glance over to the alarm clock on the side table and it tells me it’s almost noon. I walk over to Anthony, who’s sleeping on his right side, and poke his secret spot: His side. Immediately, he bolts up, and is awake.

“OH DEAR MOTHER OF GOD!” He yells. Anthony looks over to me, sees the grin on my face, and scrawls. “Seriously? After what I did for you last night, you do that?” He flipped the covers off of himself and gets up, revealing the rest of his body. By now, I was used to all the boys sleeping in boxers, so the fact that that was all that he was wearing didn’t faze me. Anthony walked over to the foot of the bed, where his pants were, and put them on. His dress shirt followed, and he put on his coat.

“Are you gonna be ok?” The anger was all gone, and replaced with nothing but pure, loving concern. Something I never got from my parents.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine,” I reassured him. He nodded and kissed my forehead before he departed from my bedroom. I lay down on my messy bed, and I closed my eyes, thinking about the events that had happened after I went to Connor Stanley. A couple of minutes later, there was a loud knock on the door that startled me.

“Oi! Frank,” I heard Derek’s voice say from behind the door, “Come on, it’s lunch time.” With a sigh, I got up and walked out the door. I followed Derek all the way to the dining room.

In the dining room, everyone was there; I was the last to arrive. Mark was at the head of the twelve seat long table in the middle of a white room. Like almost everything else in the house, the room was gold trimmed, and the cherry wood table really contrasted to the rest of the room. Anthony was to Mark’s right, and Paul was across him. Derek took a seat next to Paul, and I hurried over to sit next to Anthony. Turns out, in Mark’s daily life, parents were nonexistent. Just like that morning.