Chapter 19 : Welcome Back

This chapter is dedicated to someone I know personally. Thanks for FINALLY READING MY STORY.

**********

Chapter 19 : Welcome Back

I woke up to a snoring Derek. Still in his arms. It was a cold morning, and instead of getting out like I normally would, I snuggled against him. It was unbelievable, his warmth.

“Good morning,” He said suddenly. I was so deep in my thoughts, that I didn’t notice he stopped snoring.

“’Morning,” I mumbled into his chest.

“Did you get any sleep?”

“Yeah… Enough.”

“You want breakfast? It’s almost ten.” Immediately, I shot up.

“It’s ten, already?”

“Uh-huh. Check your clock.” I twisted in my bed, and sure enough, my clock flashed ten in bright, red lights. Groaning, I stood up.

“Unbelievable. Come on, let’s get something to eat.”

“You should get dressed first,” Derek said, motioning to my body.

“What?” I asked, looking down. As soon as I realized what I was wearing, I got what he meant. “Right. Got it. I’ll be in the bathroom.”

After getting changed and all, I walked out of the bathroom, and started waking the rest of my roommates up. By the time they finished groaning and moaning about it being too early, it was already ten thirty. And, surprise, surprise, it took us another fifteen to get down. They took too much time to get dressed. Seriously. Good thing that since this was the last day of Spring Break, and the cafeteria was open all day long.

“Alright, alright, what about the girl we met at the club we went to last week?” We were all talking about the prom, which, surprisingly, the guys at Connor Stanley actually bother about. They were all looking for dates, except me, and right then, it was Paul’s turn.

“Who? Meghan?” I think she was the girl he was talking about.

“Is she the one with the red hair?”

“Oh, no. That was Brigid.” Meghan was the brunette.

“Yeah. That one. What about her? Do you think she’s worthy?” Arrogant, much?

“Dude, she’s engaged,” Anthony butted in. To the side, Derek was shaking, trying to prevent the laughter from spilling.

“So?” At that point, Anthony and I started laughing, just as Derek couldn’t hold it any longer. Paul was looking at us, like he didn’t know what we were laughing at.

“Am I missing something?” A very familiar voice asked. I stiffened, and Anthony put a protective arm around my waist.

“Mark,” Derek and Paul greeted.

“What do you want?” Anthony’s voice was bitter, and left no room for humor.

“Anthony, don’t be like that,” I scolded.

“He’s an ass. He hit you. I have the right too,” He argued.

“No, you don’t.” I turned to Mark. “Hi, Mark. Back, are you?”

“Uh, yeah,” He said as he sat down in his usual chair. “I really am sorry about the whole hitting you thing.”

“Yeah, I know.” Awkward silence. I decided to try and break the tension, “So, who you taking to prom?”