Chapter 5: The Middle of (What was turning out to be) the perfect summer

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to Rick Riordan, The creator of Percy Jackson. Also I do not own any of the songs that are mentioned in the story. Full credit goes to their rightful owners.)

Kaiya ⭐️🐠

I've never seen Rachel do or say anything like that before.

Dad looked like he was going to be sick. When suddenly there was a roar followed by other roars.

A really tall man-no- a giant was tall and ugly.

"Typhon." Mom said with a scared look.I have never seen my mother look scared before.

Typhon was followed about a ton of Cyclopses.

I looked over to Dad who had his sword ready. Mom and Piper had there daggers ready. Uncle Leo (he wasn't really my uncle he just wanted us to call him that) pulled out a hammer of his tool belt. Everyone had there weapons ready. I pulled my dagger out of my arm band.

My brothers looked over at me and moved closer to me. They were probably thinking:
Lol all three of us are noobs what are we doing on the battle Field.

A battle broke out and oh my gods was I scared. Dad helped me with fighting but never against a monster.

I heard screams coming from campers and saw yellow mist as monsters were being killed.

The seven demigods battled the giant as Mr.D helped. It's the most concerned I've ever seen him.

The new demigods were doing a pretty good job. But then I realized I spoke to soon.

Maddie was struggling with a Cyclops. I ran to help her and I yelled for Dad and Tyson's help.

It was there sister  and my aunt ,who turned out to be my best friend, that was about to be harmed.

"Dad! Tyson! Somebody help Madeline!"

Dad looked up and started running to her. But then ,gods of Olympus it was hard to even watch, the monster stabbed her right in the chest.

"NO!" Dad and I yelled.

Chloe looked up to see what was happening. When she saw her friend get stabbed she ran over to her, screamed, and fell to the ground.

Because she was a child of Apollo, her scream was so loud it killed about a ton of monsters.

The Cyclops pushed Chloe away from Madeline , as he stabbed her again until he kicked her into the lake.

Dad swung his sword and the monster turned into nothing but yellow dust.

I helped Chloe up as she covered her face. She was crying over the lost of her friend.

"No" I heard Tyhpon yell as he became part of the yellow dust that was now the grass of Camp Half-Blood.  

"I will be back demigods" he said and he disappeared.

The lake ,where Madeline now was sitting at the bottom of, was a perfect shade of sea green.
Just like her eyes I thought.

The lake sparked and a glowing Trident appeared above it. I've never met my grandfather before but Dad always told me stories about when he met Poseidon.

Dad, Tyson, Emma, Steven, and Chloe (who looked the worst out of all of them) cried. I couldn't help but to cry too. She was my best friend.

"Poseidon did something to the water." Chiron said.

"The water!" Dad yelled. "It should have-"

"She's already gone ,Percy." Nico di Angelo said.

Emma held out her arms for the crying Chloe was sobbed even more.

Mom put her arm around Dad's waist and said "I'm sorry." To him.

I looked over at Juno di Anglo. That girl never looked happy or showed any emotion. She always had a straight face on.

"But the water-" Dad said as he started to cry. Sammy Zhang once told me it's hard to see your parents cry and I have to say it is.

"Percy," Hazel said, she also looked like she was about to cry.

I stood next to Tony Valdez. He put out his arms. I hugged him and started to cry.

"Hey," he said to me "it's going to be okay."

I stopped believing in that phrase  a long time ago that I just cry even more when he says that.

Percy 🌊

My little sister. Gone. Just like that. My daughter's best friend gone.

"This is your fault." Juno says to Daniel.

"What? How is it my fault what did I do?" He said back. Juno was a little shorter then Daniel. They were both the same age. I thought maybe they could be friends but Juno never took off her "I'm gonna kill you if you be annoying" face off.

"You're the only son of Hera! Idiot! After Hera claimed you Zeus probably got mad and sent those monsters here!" A blot of lightening then flashed. Probably Zeus agreeing with his daughter.

"It's no my fault for being born! And this is coming from a girl whose name is Juno! Which may I say is the roman form of Hera!"

"This isn't about me." Juno snapped back.

"I'm sorry isn't every thing about you because your a child of Zeus? 'Oh look at me. I'm a mean girl whose daddy is Zeus and could kill you with a blot of lightening." Daniel said trying to copy Juno.

"Hey," Will said. Juno looked like she was going to sum up her own blot of lightening. "Nobody talks to my daughter that way."

"Dad." Juno said putting a hand on his chest holding him back.

"Everyone," Mr.D said. I've never seen him so controlling over this camp ever. "To your cabins lights out now."

It was quite in the Poseidon cabin. I could tell Tyson and Kaiya couldn't sleep. Neither could I, however we didn't say a word to each other.

Until Kaiya broke the silence. "Dad." She said. "Rachel said something tonight and-"

"Don't worry about it starfish," I said.

"But she said the time has come and-"

"Kaiya-"

"Dad," she said cutting me off. "That prophecy might tell us what is going on. Like why everything happened tonight or why-"

"Kaiya, please, we'll talk about it tomorrow."

"No we won't." She said as she turned to face the wall.

It was going to be a long night.