Chapter 18: The Underworld (part 1)

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to Rick Riordan, the creator of Percy Jackson. Also I do not own any of the other references I may make in this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

Kaiya ⭐️🐠

My eyes fluttered opened. I lost my balance and fell into water. I heard the others scream my name before I was completely submerged.

I opened my eyes underwater and saw strange objects. Broken toys, ripped-up college diplomas, wilted homecoming corsages.

It didn't take me a long time to realize where I was. The River Styx. I couldn't breath underwater. I was shocked.

Remembering what my Dad told me when he felt into the river, I quickly thought of a place where my weak spot would be. The first thing that came to my mind was the same place my Father's was. His lower back.

Foolish. I thought.

I thought as fast as I could. I did what my Dad did. I imagined a bungee cord connecting me to the world.

I let out a yelp. The river was causing me pain. Everything was hurting. I though even I did make it out of this river alive, I would always be in pain. I saw faces of the people I love and they spoke to me, but disappeared shortly after.

I saw my Father. "Kaiya!" He yelled as he jumped toward me. I tried to swim to him but I was in too much pain.

"Daddy." I sobbed.

"Please, be careful ,Kaiya." My mother said.

"Mommy." I said as I saw her face disappear.

"I'm too hot for this." Chloe said.

"Chlo-"

"I can control water?" Madeline said.

"Ma-Maddie."

"Let it go!" My brothers sang.

I stared melting into the water. I wanted to give up. Whats the point of life anyway? I deserve this, anyway. I swore on the River Styx to keep everyone safe. I couldn't save Chloe. This was my fault.

"Your cord water girl." I heard a voice say.

Water girl? Who calls me that? I started to lose my memory. I tired to keep my family's faces in my mind but they were slipping.

"Water girl. Kaiya!" The voice said again.

I felt like I was being brought back up into the world. My "chord" was pulling me back up.

I saw Tony's face.

"You amaze me sometimes." Tony said laughing.

"Huh?" I said. I started remembering things.

I looked around. I was in the lake at Camp Half-Blood. I looked up at tony.

Tony Valdez. My best friend at Camp Half-Blood. He looked different. But yet again he didn't. I never realized he had the cutest little scar on the bottom of his chin. His big brown eyes looked at me. His curls fell into his eyes. He tried to push them away,but they kept falling.

I started laughing, then I remembered what happened before I fell into the river.

I was on night guard duty on The Argo Three. I stood, looked around a bit, waited, stood, and waited. Nothing was happening. The ship was moving a really slow pace. The rocking back and fourth made me tried. My eye lids started to get heavy. I closed my eyes and felt myself move. When I opened them, I fell in.

"Whats wrong, water girl?" Tony said.

"Huh." Was all I could make out.

"Your such a weirdo sometimes. Grab my hand." He held out his hand and I reached for it.