Chapter 23: Dreams or Nightmares?

( I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of the belong to Rick Riordan, the creator of Percy Jackson. Also, I do not own any of the references I may make during this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

Emma 🎵

"That movie was great!" Madeline said as we walked out of the theater.

"It wasn't anything like the books." I rolled my eyes.

"T'was still good!" Steven said in a British accent.

"The book was better." I said.

"The books are always better." Chloe chimed in.

The four of us went to the mall after we saw the movie.

"How do I look in this?" Steven said in a girly voice. We were in Aeropostale. He held up a grey shirt with a moon on it that read " I love you to the moon and back."

"Fabulous Steven." Madeline laughed.

"I think you look like an idiot." Chloe said.

I quickly took a picture of Steven holding up the shirt to him.

"Girl, that better not go on Instagram." Steven snapped his fingers.

I laughed. "I don't even have one Steven!"

"Oh ,well, I know you have a Facebook and it better not be on there."

"Too late, sorry not sorry." I said.

"Well at least I look fabulous." Steven said making a girly pose.

"Can we go the the nerd store now?" Madeline whined.

"How much money you got?" I asked.

"Enough to buy a bunch of nerd stuff." Madeline said.

"But Im hungry." Steven said. "I need to fill my food baby."

"What?" Chloe said.

"My food baby." Steven grabbed his stomach and belly bummed Chloe's stomach. "You have a food baby too! Everyone does."

"Okay." Chloe said. "Lets get some food so Steven can stop talking about his food baby because its weird."

My dream shifted.

It was night time. I could barely see. I walked around and found out it was Camp Half-Blood. Steven stood in front of the Apollo cabin.

"Steven?" I said. "Its past curfew what are you doing."

"They're dead." He said. His face was pure anger. He stared at me like he wanted to kill me. Did he?

I didn't want to say "Who" or "Madeline and Chloe?" I knew the answer.

"Answer me Emma." His voice changed. I staggered backward. "Answer me!" He yelled.

"You're not Steven." I said. Steven's anger face turned into a evil grin. "This isn't you. This is somebody else messing with your mind."

"No Emma." Steven said. "It is me. It's the me you fear of, the me you never want to see." I didn't understand what he meant. I've known Steven my whole life. He was like a brother to me. "You're thinking." He said. "You don't understand what I mean."

"Steven-"

"No." Steven said. "Your world will soon fall Emma."

I blinked back tears. What happened to him?

"Ouranos will rise." He said. "He will wipe out all humans. Slowly, then all at once." He moved his hands to make an alligator eating. "You know how its been raining non stop? That will flood the states. The south is already under water. Your home-"

"Our home, Steven. Our home! You lived in Georgia with me! All your life! Do you not remember that? Do you not remember your old life? Remember Steven." I started crying. "Madeline, Chloe, Ms. Taylor?" He started walking towards me as I backed away from him.

"You mean all the dead people?" Steven said. His voice still hasn't gone back to normal.

"Ms.Taylor's not-"

"The flood wiped out everything and everyone! Do you not understand?" Steven yelled. "And to think, your closest friends are the people who are dead."

"But Steven you're-"

"I belong to Ouranos now." He mead an evil grin.

I placed my hand around my dragger. I wanted to throw it at him, but I didn't want to hurt him.

"You know nothing." Steven said. He started listing things that I've told myself. Horrible things. I placed my hands over my ears to block out his words. He grabbed my arms and pulled them away from my ears.

"Kaiya Jackson was wrong." He evil grinned. "Everyone is waking up."

Kaiya ⭐️🐠

"Tony?" I sat down next to his body.

His face was covered in blood. We were almost nose to nose. "Kaiya." He smiled at me and let go of my shirt, then died.

I looked up only to find everyone I loved in the same state as him. There was a battle at Camp Half-Blood. Typhon rose again and left only me.

I fell to the ground and screamed. When I stopped crying I realized the lake could heal them. I used up all of my strength to summon the lake water. Once it was in a big bubble and floated above the fallen, I let the bubble fall.

Every camper woke up and looked at me. "Sorry." I said. "You guys were kind of dead."

My family ran up and gave me a hug. After their hug, Tony looked at me. I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

Then one of Typhon monster friends interrupted everyone. It threw a knife that was heading right towards Tony.

I jumped in front of it and took the knife. I fell backwards and Tony caught me.

"Why would you-" Tony started to say but I cut him off.

"You're my best friend." I said. "I couldn't watch you die again." He pulled the knife out of my shoulder and Dad put some lake water on the wound. I started felling better.

Tony and I walked around camp when I got hit again in the lower part of my back, my Achilles heal. I let out the loudest scream. I tried to see who threw an arrow at me but all I saw was a black figure and crumbled to nothing. The last thing I heard was "You were wrong."

I woke up to my own screaming and Emma's screaming.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Will yelled. "Okay what happened?" He tried to get us to claim down. Dad ran into the room. "What happened?" He said. He had his sword ready.

"Thats what I said." Will said. "I treated their wounds and then they fell asleep and BAM! They woke up screaming."

"It was nothing, just a dream. Right Emma?" I said.

She moved her head up and down slowly. She didn't look at me or anybody.

"Was it a dream?" Dad said. "Or a nightmare."

Hey-o. How are you guys? Sorry it took me so long to post. I've been reading Magnus Chase, or Mango Cheese as I heard some people call it. Any way, I hope you guys are having an awesome day and keep having an awesome day! Byeeeeeeeeee.