Chapter 8: The Dragon, The Ship, and The Sadness

(I do not own most of the characters in the story. Most of them belong to Rick Riordan, The creator of Percy Jackson. Also I do not own any of the songs that are mentioned in the story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

Kaiya⭐️🐠

"Kaiya?" Dad said as he came out of the Poseidon cabin, looking worried.

"Over here Dad." I called out to him. Mom was braiding my hair, which probably wouldn't last long. We were sitting on the steps of the Athena cabin.

Dad walked over to Mom and I and sat down next to us.

"You feeling okay, Starfish?"

"Actually I'm feeling a little sick uh achoo!" I said lying to him.

Dad looked worried but then Mom told him the truth. "Percy she tried the same thing on me."

"Oh well we don't want her getting sick anyway ,do we?" He grabbed my head and hugged it. "It's not good for little babies to get sick, Wise Girl."

"Dad I'm not a baby and LET ME GO!"

"Oh sorry." He said letting my head go. I was right, the braid didn't even last two minutes. "And you are a baby."

"Uh I don't know if that was an insult or overprotectiveness?" I asked.

"Overprotectiveness", said Mom, "And Percy you messed up her braid! You know how hard it is to do anything with curly hair?"

"Sorry Wise Girl." Dad said rubbing the back of his head.

People in the Aphrodite and Athena cabins started waking up and walking outside.

"Baby sister!" Aiden said as ,he too, grabbed my head and hugged it.

"Hey I want to hug her too ,Aiden!" Quinn said as he pushed Aiden away to hug me, not my head.

"Thank you for not hugging my head ,Quinn. Aiden say sorry to Mom who has been trying to braid my hair."

"Oh ,sorry Mom." Aiden said shyly. I saw him looking at girl. Does my big brother have a crush? I started to smile to myself.

My Mom picked pieces of my hair back up. "Okay Kaiya you're just gonna have to put your hair in a pony tail." She let the pieces go.

"Okay." I said picking my hair back up.

More people walked out of there cabins. The seven demigods ,thats what they go by at camp, saw us and sat down.

We laughed and talked an just had a good time. Their kid's started coming by us too. Soon we were a huge group that sat outside of the Athena cabin.

Calypso and Tony showed up too.

"One time when Oasis was little, he stole Jason's glasses, walked right into a wall,fell on the ground, and decided to take a nap!" Piper said laughing and everyone joined in.

Oasis and Jason didn't look to amused. But they did smile a little.

"One time", Dad started to say, "Kaiya fell off of the table in the mess hall because she saw a spider."

"Spiders are evil!" I said while everyone started to laugh.

"Agreed." Mom said.

"Why were you standing on the table anyway?" Hazel said laughing.

"I don't really remember I was like five." Which was a lie I was more like nine.

"I thought you were older then that." Quinn said.