Hunter my new big brother

I’ve been out here for a week and so far all I’ve found was a squirrel and a lot of trees, and I still can’t find Ally’s apartment. I don’t know how I got this lost, my nose had never steered me this wrong before. I was never an outdoors kind of girl but I can’t even find my best friend’s house and I’m pretty sure I’ve past that tree three different times. I’m cold, I’m hungry and I miss my mates even if they don’t want me. I’m still in my wolf form which has the same frizzy red hair my human form does but right now it’s doing nothing to stop the bone chilling wind. I curl up in tight ball as small almost pain filled whimpers emit from my throat. I cry out all my pain and frustration from the past few weeks, everything from being humiliated at school on a daily bases to being rejected by my mates and having to leave my new father figure. My cries rise in volume as the reality hits me that I might never see the king or my mates again. If my own mates won’t accept me no one will. I am completely alone, and now I know I will never fit in anywhere, my numerous foster and adoptive families were right, I am a worthless piece of shit.

At the last minute I decided not to go to Ally’s, even if I could find it which since I’ve been looking for the past week it’s highly doubtful. There have been a few times when I could hear the howls of the royal guards but they never found me or my sent I made sure of that. Of course the river I ran through trying to hide my sent didn’t really help with the whole cold thing. I’ve thought about going rouge a few times, after all if no one want me then why should I burden them any longer with my company? But for some reason I never completed the actual process of cutting all ties to my pack. I had no idea where I was and a few days I had to break down and catch a poor innocent doe but because I refused to shift into my human I had to eat it raw. I was terrified that if I shifted into my human form they would catch me before I could shift back. The punishment from running from the royals, no matter what the reason is, equals death. I don’t want to die, I don’t exactly want to live but I don’t want to die either and seeing how they don’t really want me I don’t think they would have a problem with killing me. I heard a twig snap and jolted to my feet. A tall man with shorts on slowly craws from the trees with his hands raised like he is trying to show me he means no harm. His arms are covered in muscle and a single tattoo that signals him as a high rank in the royal guard, past or present. I scanned him trying to decide if I should run or not, he looked fast, I don’t think I could get away in time. I took me a minute to remember I had seen him before. When the twins were dragging me from the doctor’s office to the limo so we could get to the hotel he was the guard who was looking at the floor ashamed, he’s Hunter. He slowly crouches down to my level causing me to take a small step back and growl a little. If it came to a fight I would have to run, I might be able to out run him because he’s so big he won’t be able to dart between trees as well as I can. Almost like he sees the look in my eyes he straightens and watches me closer.

            “I mean you no harm little one, I just want to talk. You are the prince’s mate; it is my duty to make sure no harm befalls you. I have a feeling that dragging you back to the castle where the princes now are would do you more harm than good. I am just here to keep you safe until you decide to return, if you decide to return.” By the time he is done talking I am left speechless. He isn’t going to make me go back, he was just going to sit there and let me do whatever. Why can’t I be mates with a guy like this? I lock eyes with the tall man and go behind the trees. I shift back but keep a sharp ear out for any sighs of a threat. I hear something hit the branch above me and jump ready to shift back into my wolf form but stop when I hear the guards voice again,