The war to end it all

The boys follow me as I leave the council chamber, they are talking over each other but I continue to walk away without answering them. I have to much to worry about without adding their thoughts on my past. The air changes and I know we don't have long. This is our last shot, for so long people have sought out the light, fearing the dark and the monsters it hides only because they do not understand. In the light there is no one to hide for shelter, people hide behind false smiles and broken promises. They claim peace and honesty while destroying and lying. If the Angels win all of humanity is doomed. They boys get louder and I know soon they will try to grab me, I start to speed up and zigzag. I feel trapped, so much rests on my shoulders, I want to go back to where the only life I was fighting for was my own. When no one depended on me, it seems all I seem to be doing is running from the twins and running from my responsibilities. We will be at war in less than 24 hours and they want to talk about my past when we might not even have a future. They fall behind and I spring up into the trees to really lose them. I try to stop the tears from falling from my eyes as my emotions crash over me like a tidal wave, dragging me farther into the water and sinking me into the dark depth of weightlessness. I cry silently as I jump from tree top to tree top, swinging from branch to branch like a monkey, I probably look ridiculous. The past surges up chasing me as I run frantically. I don't want to remember. I just want to make it through this day, or do I? Do I really want to live? Wouldn't death be easier? A foreign objects slams into my back and I hurtle towards the ground. I tense and brace for impact before I'm shifted in midair and when I hit the ground I land on top of a rather muscular chest. I smile and shake my head,

"You really need to stop taking me to the ground Hunter." He just smiles and stands us both up, the demon warrior taken down by a palace guard. Damn we are all doomed.

"You really need to pay more attention." I push him away and start walking, he falls in step beside me and we walk together in silence. "You know the boys are freaking out again, it's like dejavu. You want to tell me what's wrong so we can go back before they ruin the castle or scare away everyone who is going to help up fight?" I smile and shake my head. I don't know how to put what I feel into words. I feel powerful yet helpless. I feel terrified yet prepared. I feel alone yet surrounded by people. I feel trapped in the past yet living in the present and predicting the future. I just shrug my shoulders and keep walking, looking up at the slivers of sky through the trees. I wish I could fly away from it all, I went from being nothing to being a princess, a warrior and having millions of creatures depending on me. I went from arguing over tips from old couples at the dinner to training peaceful fey to kill. I look up at Hunter and he smiles and kisses my forehead. He nods and I know he knows. Without saying any words he knows. "Let's go save the world little sis, don't worry I've got your back." I smirk and take off running, running toward my destiny.

We are all lined up, swords at the ready, like medieval times. Gunmen are hidden within our ranks, aimed at the sky. I can feel the angels entering our dimension by the thousands. My people are decked out in shiny armor fit to their species. My boys flanking my side, Hunter and Ally flanking them. The king and Queen in the castle with the young. The wind picks up and I know it is time. I take a single step forward and Angels fall out of the sky and emerge from the surround forest. The war is on. The sound of metal hitting metal surrounds me, the smell of death, sweat drips from my skin, I can taste the adrenaline as it races through my veins. I close my eyes and let my demon emerge as the archangels start to lazily weave their way to the battle. When I open my eyes the devil and his wife are standing beside me with malicious smirks on their face. They nod their heads and we take to the air. I know how I look, black and red swirled eyes, pale skin, flaming hair. I lock swords with sever lower ranking angels and laugh as the plummet to the ground, the air taking their last breath moments before they hit the ground. This will end today. I can hear Lucifer talking to his brothers trying to reason with them but by the look of things not succeeding. Meanwhile his beautiful wife Is slaughtering the race that has tormented her for years. What seems like minuets but it really hours if not days the ground is littered with dead and everyone is looking to the sky where I am locked in the final battle, Michael is too cocky after he knocked Lucifer to the ground, I just have to wait for him to make a mistake. The audience makes me think of a sporting event but the loser dies and the winner gets more than a trophy. He lunges and I side step like we are on the ground and not thousands of feet in the air. I'm covered in scratches and have lost more blood then should be possible. I have to end this soon, I have come too far to lose now, but the only problem is that is what Michael is thinking as well. My mind is going fuzzy. He lunges and I move forward impaling him at the same time as I pull the demon dagger from my belt and separate him head from his body. His wings flap a few more times before he starts to fall to the earth joining his head. I cry out in pain as I am drug down too. I look down to see his sword protruding from my gut, I look down and look at my boys before I give in to the feelings of exhaustion and allow gravity to take over.