Meeting the Queen

When I woke up I could hear a gentle beeping sound which almost lulled me back into my blissfully quiet sleep. At least until the bleach type smell only hospitals have wafts across my nose I’ve spent way too much time here recently. My eyes snap open and scan the room only to discover my mates on either side of me, Alexander and an unknown woman are both curled up in a recliner in the corner asleep. Hunter is looking out the window only glancing up when he hears the noise the paper stuff they put on the bed made when I sat up. He smiles at me before going back to his job of keeping the royal family safe. Just as I was about to relax and go back to sleep my stomach lets out a loud growl like a starving animal, which I guess I am. Everyone except Hunter who was already awake jerks awake and looks at me with joy in their eyes. I look away from my mates and just look at the king and who I am going to assume is the queen. I still haven’t forgiven the boys for not telling me about Veronica. The queen looks at me like a mother who has found her long lost child and I smile as tears start to cascade down both of our faces. Slowly she walks over to me in her high heels, her hands raised like she was trying not to scare me away. I try to smile encouragingly at her but don’t think I was very successful as the king just chuckled and walked swiftly over to me. Everyone but me was dressed formally. The queen in a skirt and blouse with makeup to perfection and the king and twins were in black slacks and white button down long sleeve shirts. The king wraps me in his arms in a warm hug, something my mates have yet to do.

            “Don’t ever do that to us again Mia. For all we knew you were taken from us.” The boys let out growl at this but one look from their mother silenced them; guess I wasn’t the only one mad at them. She must have seen me watching her because she walks over to me and grabs my hand in both of hers.

            “My dear my name is Violet I’ve waited a long time to meet you and let me say you do not disappoint.”I smiled at her and nodded my head. All of us look at the twins including Hunter their mother even goes so far as to put a hand on her hip. But before either one of them can speak, even if they tried, the door was opened and the same doctor as before walks through.

            “I hope I’m not interrupting anything.” The king continues to glare at his sons so Violet answers the doctor.

            “No your fine, what can you tell us about Mia?” The doctor gets a grave look on his face. The very same look I would get right before I was shipped off to another home. The same look doctors give to the people who are dying, the test must have come back from a few days ago.

            “Well Mia’s condition was only worsened by her little adventure. It appears that she now has………….

Sorry its been so long but my youngest male dog attacked my dog I've had since i was three and we didn't think he would make it. I have been takeing care of him. It will take a long time untill i can update again. I'm really worried about him, we trying to decide if he will truly be ok. My older brother in front of me offered to shoot him with out even thinking how i would feel about that. Any way Don't forget to comment and Vote. Your comments keep my going and really make my day. School is almost over for me so hopefully in about three weeks I will be able to update more. Once again sorry for the long wait. And if you would read some of my other books it would mean the world to me.

Thanks

CatherineCatejoChristian