In the arms of my Mates. Finally

I’ve been trapped in this dark void for what feels like years but I know it’s not that long because I can still hear people talking around me so I know I’m still alive. Every now and then that voice would come back and I would get this feeling that something wasn’t right I just couldn’t find out what. I could hear someone crying above me and I could tell it was female and that I knew her but for some reason I just couldn’t remember who she was and that scared me. I could also hear a deep male voice trying to calm her, both of the people were young and the male smelled like the forest and family. To occupy my time I tried to remember every fairy tale I overheard as a child. My favorite was about good and evil but the evil was good and the good was evil. It was the story about angels and demons. Both sides chose a vessel of sorts to fight there war and win for their side so they didn’t have to get their hands dirty. The angels wanted to erase the wolves and everything that wasn’t human because they are abominations in their eyes. The demons were trying to save everyone including the humans, they knew that as soon as the supernatural world was destroyed the humans would be next no matter how much God loved them the Angels would rebel and soon the earth would be nothing but another empty planet. The demons chose an unsuspecting wolf shifter for their warrior. No one thought that this warrior would complete the task bestowed upon him, after all he was a nobody. His parents had died and nobody in his pack wanted him.  The angels did everything in their power to defeat him they even went so far as to infect him with a deadly poison which would slowly and painfully kill him and pit those who loved him most against him. Because of the angels he almost lost his life and his love. But because it’s just a Childs bedtime story and not reality, the good side which was really the evil side won and he was able to live happily ever after with his mate after she healed him by mating with him. He was the chosen one; he did what I will never be able to do. After all I might be the vessel for the angels and maybe that story was told by the demons so who ever was picked for the angels wouldn’t want to fight on their side. It can’t be true right, happily ever after doesn’t exist at least not for me. As the thought fly through my mind the most excruciating pain I’ve ever experienced covers my body. The voice comes back and I know if I could see it an ugly sneer would be staring me in the eyes.

            “The truth is right in front of you yet you refuse to see it, you don’t deserve a happily ever after, you don’t deserve to live. Why do you think history is going to repeat its self? You idiot girl you will die like he was supposed to, we refuse to lose again.” The once sweet voice held vengeance unmatched by any thing I had ever heard. “Your pathetic mate’s think we’re after their crown,” Its haunting laugh echoes around my head. “As if we would want a crown tainted with mutt blood let alone rule them. No what we have planed is much much worse.”For some reason I started to think of Disney movies where the evil villain tells the hero their plan in full detail and are later over thrown because of that mistake. Once again it lets out a tinkling yet dark laugh. “You think I would be so stupid? Not that you will ever awake at least not in time to be saved. You can’t stop us child so why don’t you just relax and enjoy your last few days. At least you’re not in pain right.” By then end it had taken on the tone of a concerned parent. I start to give up hope maybe the voice is right, I can feel a sense of accomplishment come from whoever or whatever the voice is but then I start to think of all the reasons the voice is wrong, all the reasons why I want, no need to live. My mates, if they really are under a spell they might still want me. My new brother, hunter must really be worried about me. Ally it took a minute but her face quickly snapped into place as the female that was crying over me earlier. The voice started to make weird noise that sounded kind of like small pieces of glass falling to the floor. My new parents were added to the list, Violet and Alexander would never willingly let me go and if I was killed they would never stop looking for whoever put me here. Suddenly a bright light flashes over me blinding me for a second and then revealing the beautiful monster who has kept me here. A tall male with muscles upon muscles floats before me. If my heart wasn’t already stolen I might have given it to him. The only shocking factor is the five foot wings stretched behind him throwing blinding white light around him. I gasp as I realize the child’s story is real. Angels are real and this one has kept me locked away from my mates and probably put them under a spell so I would die. A fierce growl works its way out of my throat and echo’s around us. He laughs unthreatened and steps toward me. “It’s about time you figured it out. I can’t believe you’re the one they picked to lead them. They will die for sure.” He laughs before wrapping himself in his wings. I lunge at him shifting in the process. I can hear gasps from both the angel and a few others. I can hear my clothes shredding but before I can get to him I am ripped from wherever I am and thrown back to where my family is. When my eyes adjust I see everyone staring at me. I have veronica pinned by her throat but she doesn’t look threatened at all and it takes me a moment to realize why. The twins are growling at me from the other side of the room but this time I don’t back down. You can see something in their eyes almost like there are two people inside them fighting for control. I growl back stunning everyone in the room including the twins, and for the first time in over two months I speak to the family I left behind.