Chapter 18 The Storyteller

The woman looked like her. Sounded like her. She even acted like her. The eyes were the ones that gave it away.

I turned to Shirley, “What have you done to my mother?” I asked, my eyes wild. The woman giggled and placed her hand on my forearm.

“Oh dear I’m not your mother. I’m your grandmother, Geneva. It’s very nice to finally meet you dear,” she smiled. “Now moving on, we all have some concerning matters to discuss.”

The old man out of nowhere stabs the table with a dagger while saying, “That’s right!”

I looked at him skeptically, “And what exactly are we all to discuss because I’m sort of just free falling here at the moment.”

“We have come to the obvious conclusion that you have no clue when it comes to magic at all, which is a problem,” the stinky old man said.

“We can always fix that of course,” Abital piped. I smiled down at her. The old man grunted while rolling his eyes and I couldn’t help but laugh when Abital stuck her tongue out at him.

“Ahem! Don’t encourage that type of behavior out of Miss Abital, Fay. Now listen carefully. I am about to tell you the reason behind your whole existence and I feel like you would, oh I don’t know, like to know that.

Geneva as you just recently found out is your grandmother from your mother’s side. Geneva obviously is not a mortal and is a fairy. More like the Snow Queen ergo why your personality is a bit rubbish. Secondly and more importantly that means you have magic inside of you, pulsing through youre veins, and you just need to be able to call upon it and master it.

Then there’s the lovely Brona situation. You already know about the whole Brona and Gordon issue, at least the summary of it. When Gordon left Brona he was heartbroken because sadly, over all principles, she was and is his true mate. He turned on her when he realized she was practicing dark magic. He always knew something was a little off with her and decided to leave her because he did not think she was fit to be the true Queen ergo why he married me. I am Brona’s little sister, ugh it’s so disgusting to admit but it’s true and Geneva is our cousin. Gordon knew I had it in me to be Queen so he ended up choosing me over her for the common good of the people. Brona has always been hurt about it and forever will be.

She thinks I just married Gordon to get back at her for killing my mate. Given, it was an accident and I had forgiven her and knew it wasn’t entirely her fault, she still chooses to believe that I married him for that reason, even though it was a lie. I married Gordon because the Kingdom was so chaotic and still is sadly, and I just wanted to keep it as together as possible.

While wallowing in her depression Brona had met a recently gone rogue werewolf, named Perelius. He would do anything she ever asked of him. And what she wanted was revenge. She’s been plotting this whole epic revenge plot forever now. Perelius is the rogue that attacked your mother and killed her true mate,” Shirley seethed.  She took a moment to recollect herself before going on.

“Anthony isn’t my grandson. While Brona was off scheming and killing, Gordon was wallowing in his built up frustration and anger. He couldn’t help himself by having sex with any shewolf he could find. Distasteful in my opinion but whatever the King wants he gets. While seducing one woman, another woman came to knock on his chamber door. Persistant as that little bitch was, he finally threw open the door and before he could bark at her he knew. He could sense his child growing inside that filth. I raised the boy as my own as I did later with Anthony. Only to have Brona murder him and his wife.  Next, in Brona’s mind is Anthony and I will have wasted my time yet again,” Shirley sighed and crouched back into her chair. While all I could think was what in the absolute hell is going on here. See this is why I don’t do royals, they’re just too complicated for their own good. Abital began to rub my back soothingly.

“I know it’s a lot of information to take in Faith but there is more,” Geneva spoke softly. Shirley sat up and looked at me dead on with her piercing eyes.

“Yes well. Your mother never told you about your powers because she gave up her own to be with her mate Micah. There is no Snow King only a Snow Queen. The Snow Queen from each generation takes her bed with a man of her choice, but does not fall in love but makes a child and in turn the man can never see his child and some never even know they have fathered one. That is of course the number one rule; to not fall in love, which of course your mother broke and gave up her right to be Snow Queen. A Snow Queen rightfully takes her place at the ripe age of twenty-one, which thankfully you’re a little far from.

You can use your powers and your werewolf strength to fight against Brona and her little lackeys, as will we. Brona is trying to keep you and Anthony apart because in her psychotic mind, she thinks I will have won. In a cliché sense the good will have triumphed over evil and I will have it all while she has nothing. She just wants to hurt our family and nothing else Faith. Anthony has just been trying to protect you from her all this time, even though Brona had still got to you. He never gave up nor will he,” she stated tearing up a bit at the end. I clenched my hands together to try and get ahold of my emotions as best as I could. I was entangled in so many I couldn’t bear them.

“Then why is he with her right now and not me? You’re wrong,” I whispered harshly looking down at my hands.

“You stupid girl!”

“Ripley, watch your tone,” Abital said to her sister.

“Oh but its true Abi. Look you idiot Anthony worships you. Like, duh! He wants to be with you he’s just still protecting you and is trying to seek his own revenge from Brona as well,” she huffed while crossing her arms over her chest.

“Eh, she’s got a point Fay,” Abi said knowingly. I bit the inside of my lower lip nervously, wanting to believe Ripley’s words were true and hoping Anthony was alright. I just nodded in agreement. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. I held my head up and looked at everyone at the table before me.

“Well, what’s the plan guys?”

“I wondering if you would ever ask deary,” creepy old man said, while grinning mischievously.