Chapter 5 The Meeting

I pull into the driveway of the Parcell’s house. This is where more informal Elder Council meetings are held otherwise they’re done in the coliseum. I begin to think of my mother and how she begged of me to behave today. Well, what she doesn’t know won’t kill her.

I walk up the marble steps to the old Victorian styled mansion. Right when my foot hit the front porch Shirley flung the door open. Her eyes were piercing me with a venomous glare. I just gave her a soft smile and bowed my head to her. She eyed me with disgust and motioned me to come in. I followed her down the long tiny corridor to the meeting room. The air was thick with the unknown. I began to whistle a little tune to relieve some of the tension. All of a sudden Shirley turned making me stop and come face to face with the old woman.

“Would you stop that,” she demanded forcefully. I looked at her inquiringly and kept whistling. She stomped on foot my foot making me jump at her reaction. I just laughed it off and then she started down the hallway again.

We finally met the double doors and Shirley thrashed them open dramatically before she went to take her seat by her husband at the middle of the judge table. I saw Anthony sitting so he was facing the judge table, Cecilia standing by his side ,like the little bitch she is. 

“Who invited the slut? Isn’t this meeting confidential between mates and the Council?” Cecilia growled at me. “What, can’t take a little teasing Ceci?” She looked like she was about to pounce on me, but before she could Anthony got up from his chair, while knocking it down in the process, to yank Cecilia’s arm to put her behind him. I smirked at his protectiveness. “I believe she can protect herself Anthony. She’s a grown she-wolf after all. I don’t think she’s completely defect…”

“That’s enough! Anthony sit down. Cecelia get over it and Miss O’Conner no more riling up people mind you,” Gordon spoke firmly. I nodded. “Now please take a seat Fay.”

“That’s okay I don’t…”

“Sit,” he commanded. I did what he wanted not feeling like arguing with him since he wasn’t the fish I wanted to fry. Besides I actually didn’t mind Gordon. He showed me more respect than the others usually did.

“Now that we are all settled, how about we get to the bottom of the situation, hmm?” Shirley inquired while raising an eyebrow. I scoffed and all eyes immediately turned to me.

“There’s really nothing to settle Shirley…”

“Call me Mrs. Parcell.”

I rolled my eyes. “Anyway Shirley, as I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me, was that there really is nothing to settle. Anthony rejected me and I whole heartedly accept his choice.”

“That’s not the problem at hand Miss O’Conner. It’s the fact that Anthony won’t be able to become full Alpha without your help.” I began to play with my fingers when Gordon stated this. I knew very well that Anthony couldn’t reach his full potential as a wolf without me. Damn, what a shame...

“Your point is exactly?”

“Well, we we’re wondering…”

“You want me and Anthony to have sex, right?” My question made everybody sort of uncomfortableand stir in their seats.

Shirley of course had to put her two cents in,“Yes Fay we do. It’s for the good of everyone. Don’t be so selfish…”

Ooooh that made my blood boil. I balled my fists, my knuckles turning white, grit my teeth and closed my eyes. I reopened them and I wouldn’t be surprised if my eye was gold.

“I’m selfish, really? How am I selfish, when Anthony rejected me to be with Cecelia in fear of what everyone would think if I a horrendous product of a rogue and a human were to be his mate? To top it off my appearance isn’t up to his expectations either. This is all Anthony's fault. So, don’t you dare say I’m selfish,” I pretty much roared. Shirley all but smiled at my reaction. Oh what a bitch! She did that on purpose just to get a rise out of me. I tried to calm myself down by taking deep breaths and imagining my mother’s face. I opened my eyes looking down at my feet, my whole body still shaking slightly from being riled up. The room was completely silent yet again.

“Do you know how it feels to be rejected by your mate? It feels like someone brutally tortured you for several hours. Your body doesn’t know what else to do but feel pain. You puke and you can’t even walk for a couple of days. You feel so heartbroken that you try to kill yourself over and over again because you know that, that one person who was meant for you doesn’t even want you,” I confessed to them. I brought my eyes up to look upon the Council and their faces. I just kept going, “I tried to kill myself but each time it wouldn’t work to my dismay. I’m more death repellent than a regular werewolf is apparently, due to my mix of genes according to Brona.” Brona was an old fair witch from the Isle. She was like another mother to me. Although being over a thousand years old she hasn’t aged a day over twenty-six.

 I  saw Anthony in the corner of my eye fidgeting. What the hell is wrong with him? Last time I checked I'm the one confessing my emotions over here not him.

  “Fay…”

“Don’t you dare Anthony. You are only feeling sorry for me so you can get on my good side. I’m not going to have sex with you, period. You just will have to grow up and deal with your choice. You have to learn that you can’t always get what you want and be nice to me whenever it is convenient for you. Respect me and maybe in the near future I won’t kill you,” I said sourly to him. He looked like a wounded puppy, but I knew better. He was just putting on an act for everybody so I looked like the bitch. Well you can have them on your side for now Anthony, but they won’t be for long.  I can guarantee you that.