Chapter 14 A Cute Moment

The next couple of days at Sovey were quiet, so quiet it was agenizing. I and Anthony wouldn’t even acknowledge each other. I hate to admit it but I hated how he wouldn’t talk to me or let alone try to bug me and I missed the son of a bitch.

The last time we talked we were actually having a civil conversation and it was nice. I could feel our bond growing stronger. I could feel all his emotions during our conversation flow through me as if I had felt them.

I’m going soft for him and the weird thing is, is that I really don’t care. I mean maybe it’s the bond thing talking for me but, I could see myself falling for Anthony. After all he actually wasn’t that bad of a guy he just needs some support because honestly the boy is spineless despite him being an Alpha.

I walked out to the porch, the morning air was crisp and moist, and Anthony was leaning against the wooden rail looking out over the evergreen forest and in the distance you could barely see the lining of the ocean. He didn’t bother to even look at me.

I went to lean beside him but, still no reaction from him. Ugh. I rolled my eyes as I began to play with my fingers putting my weight on my elbows when leaning on the railing.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it,” I said trying to get a reaction out of him but, no such luck. He just kept staring out. Standing there I was contemplating on my next move.

“Anthony, what do you want from me? The other night we were fine and now all of a sudden you’re playing the quiet game with me. What the…,” Anthony faced me finally and his eyes were a smoldering gold color that just took my breath away. I didn’t know what was going to happen next but I figured I needed to shut up now.

He looked towards the ground looking frustrated. “I’m sorry Fay.”

“What are you talking about? You haven’t done anything recently to be sorry for.” The corner of his mouth turned up and he let out a small chuckle. This time when he looked back at me his expression was playful but his eyes showed how he was holding something back.

I turned towards him as he closed the space between us. Anthony was staring down at me and his hands gently gripped my upper arms.

“Don’t you ever stay quiet? I wasn’t finished.”

“Well how about you learn to talk faster then? Otherwise I don’t think this is going to work out. You know me, always having to put my two cents in.”

His eyes turned back to their normal chocolatey brown color and he seemed more relaxed.

“Trust me I know you do.” I couldn’t help but smile at this. I bit my lip and looked back out at the forest. Anthony was gingerly rubbing his thumbs back and forth across my skin.

“You know Anthony, I can’t help but feel like I’m the guy in the relationship and you’re the girl.” He snorted which just made me burst out into a short laughing fit.

Ignoring my earlier comment Anthony went on, “Do you ever wonder what it would’ve been like between us if our lives were different? Like if I wasn’t and Alpha and you weren’t a rouge?

That’s sorta why I haven’t been speaking to you the past couple of days. I feel like I cheated you out of your life because of who I am.

If I wasn’t me then none of this would’ve happened.”

He walked off to sit upon the front step. Without thinking I followed his action and sat right beside him and leaned against him.

“See you’re such a girl. Too sensitive for my taste but I guess that’s just how things go. Stop feeling sorry for yourself its annoying. You have no idea what potential you actually possess if you would just stop being a lap dog to Shirley all the time and grew some balls,” I said trying not to sound too harsh.

I grabbed his hand and gave it a quick squeeze. I brought it up to my lips and gently pressed them upon each of his knuckles. I set our intertwined hands on his leg as I let myself fall against him completely loving the way he felt.

“Ever since I rejected you I’ve been kind of watching over you. Making sure no one hurt you.”

“You totally sound like a level eight creeper right now Anthony. I don’t particularly like it when people watch me.”

“Why not?”

“People should just mind their own business.”

“Technically you are my business.”

“I’m not yours Anthony.” He growled and I felt the intense vibration of it. There he goes ruining the moment again being all possessive. “It’s not like I completely hate your guts or anything it’s just you still need to prove to me that you want to be there for me. I can’t exactly trust you yet but I’m willing to make things work at least.”

“I can deal with that,” Anthony whispered. I glanced up at him and smiled an actual genuine smile and he gave me one in return that made my heart melt. I leaned away from him and punched his shoulder and of course me not realizing my own strength I made him fly off the steps and roll onto the ground. I started laughing at his forlorn face as he was picking himself up and brushing off.

“Oops,” I got out of my fits of giggles.

“Fay…,” he growled. Quickly I sprung up off the steps and began to run to the back of the house. I wanted him to chase me and hopefully he would.  I turned my head just for a second to see if he was behind me only to run into him. He grabbed me by the waist and twirled me around.

We ended up falling to the ground with a thud as we both were hysterically laughing. I ended up ontop of him. Lifting myself up on my forearms that were on his chest, I stared down into his eyes. He just stared right back at me smiling big.

Not knowing what came over me, I leaned in closer towards Anthony, so close that I felt his warm breath fly across my cheek. Closing my eyes I brushed my lips on his cheek, then the other, next was his forehead, nose, then chin and lastly I lingered over his lips with my own. I bit his lower lip playfully.

Opening my eyes slightly I turned my gaze back towards his eyes and caught him staring at me almost lovingly? Next thing I knew Anthony pushed his lips onto mine. His lips taking in my upper lip then moved down to my lower. The kiss felt almost painful in a way. It was so gentle and felt right

 I let myself go in the kiss and so did Anthony. We were putting all of our emotions of what was happening and is happening in our lives into it. The pain, frustration, passion, and love was in this sole kiss.

His hand curled into my brown curls as I gripped his shoulders, never letting our lips drift apart. I pushed myself into him wanting to feel everything. I wanted feel everything he had ever felt. I wanted to love him, to care for him and let no one hurt him ever again.

 I wondered if he felt the same thing I was feeling for him or if I was just being too I don’t know…carried away.  I pulled away all of a sudden feeling insecure. Only this idiot could make me feel that way and it bothered me to no end.

My eyes were still closed and we were both breathing heavily. I couldn’t bring myself to look into his eyes because I was afraid of how it would make me feel.

“What’s the matter Fay?”

Still not opening my eyes I snuggled my face into his chest.

“Shh.” I just wanted us to slip into a comfortable silence and soak up the moment because I had a feeling this wasn’t going to last long. Our happiness I mean.

I think Anthony finally got the message and just held me as we basked in the early morning sun. His hand ran up and down my back soothingly. I sighed in content. I gave his chest a peck before I snuggled deeper into him I heard him chuckle lightly.

“For being so ferocious all the time little Fay, you can be cute,” he whispered into my hair before resting his chin on top of my head. Too tired to make a comeback I just laid there and I never have been happier. When I’m with Anthony like this it makes me not want to be all covered away. It made me want to be cared for and loved by someone. I just hoped I could give him exactly that in return without it backfiring.

 I knew I was falling for Anthony. I just hoped he was there to break my fall.