Chapter 21 The End?

Faith’s POV

Having no other choice, I sat quiet, waiting for my mother’s appearance. She never comes out, but her voice lingers.

“Oh Faith, why’d you do this to us? To Anthony? I should’ve killed you from the get go. I always knew you were a worthless abomination as you grew inside of me. Why did I keep you? Ugh, I am disgusted with myself. Just think about it all, Faith. This all wouldn’t of happened if you were just dead instead of coming into this world. Anthony would not be dying as we speak. I would still have my mate. People wouldn’t be dying in that ludacris war that rages on outside these halls. So much life has been lost, just because of you. What makes you think that you are so damn special, Faith? Huh? HUH?” Her booming voice echoes throughout the room, and the words hit my bones. This has to be a trick. It’s too easy, too obvious. Yet here I am, not able to do a thing about it. I just sit and simmer, sit and simmer. “Well since you won’t answer me, my little Fay. I’ll just show all the destruction you’ve caused this world,” her whisper hits my ear as if she was right behind me.

All of a sudden I wasn’t sitting next to Anthony. I was standing on the battle field as if I was truly there. All the commotion I heard from inside the thick church walls have now escalated, piercing my ears with sharp deathly cries. I want to turn away from the scene before me, but sorrowfully unable to turn away. I start to cry as I see my friends Abital, Riley, Shirley, Geneva, and even big ol’ santa looking guy Charlie, fight to the death. One by one they grow weaker and weaker. I can see that their bodies are welcoming death with each blow they take, but their eyes rage on with a fighting resistance. First Abital went down, a blow to the head as a minotaur snuck up behind her and jammed one of his horns through her tiny head. Her body flailed in the air as her head still clung to the horn, as it was now pierced. The blood from the blow blinded Riley, her body explodes into shards at the death of her sister.

“Please! Please make it stop,” I say, as I dropped to my knees. I hug myself, the tears unstoppable, just like my pathetic fate. “I know this is your doing Brona. Please, please! I'll do anything!” There was whish and the colours of the worls swirld around me and drained beneath my feet. The air whipping my hair in every which direction as I peered through my eyes and trying to keep calm so I could be ready to deflect any attack. Suddenly the world was silent as I relaxed in a world of white. I want to spin around frantically as I fear what is to come. My eyes look straight ahead with an emotionless face. I feel hot air on the back of my neck.

I stand taller and stiffen my muscles, gripping my fists white. "What's your offer?" Brona chuckles darkly at my response. She begins to run her long fingers through my hair.

"Oh Fay, I've got..."

"No bullshit Brona tell it to me straight, you pathetic bitch!"

"This is a nice place isn't it my little Fay? Limbo they call it. We of course are on the outskirts of it. So close to the after life but not quite, so close to the mortal world but not quite. I thought I could bring you here, so you could see..." she drifts infront of me. A cliche of a grin lay upon her face as she twirled on of my dark brown curls.

"Yes..." I inquire.

"Well as I was saying my little Fay, I have an offer for you that you cannot refuse."

Anthony’s POV

I woke up with a stir. My body jolted upwards. I groan as my muscles still ached from the massive blow they took. I rub my eyes before opening them again to see clearly.

"Shhhh, lay back down Anthony," Faith calmy tells me as she gently presses her hand to my chest, as I lay down I grab her hand tightly. I smile at her little hand. It told so much about my Faith. It held rough  calluses, that showed her strength but they were tiny with long skinny fingers that are so graceful reminding me of her sweetness. I'm proud to have her as my mate. She was beautiful. She challenges me. What more could I want.

"I lo-..." before I could finish she wretches her hand out of my grasp to place a finger on my lips. She gives me a stern look. Shit, what did I do now?

"Don't say it unless you absolutely mean it, Anthony," Fay says sternly, her brows furrowed. I jump up from the bed, fuming. Faith stares right back at me, never breaking eye contact as I hovered over her.

"Please Anthony I don't want!-..." I cut her off, annoyed, kissing her tart little mouth, that drives me crazy. I had brought my hand onto the nape of her neck and pushed her towards me. My hands slide down, smoothing over her body massaging circles into her skin as I go. I finally placed them, one on her lower back the other on her hip, gripping her body closer to mine so we were chest to chest.

A heat started to pulse through me as her body moulded to my own. I growled as she reponded back. She slowly sucked my bottom lip into her mouth before nipping at it. We fell into a rythm of nip, lick, kiss. I got frusterated and was done with playing games I slipped my tounge in her mouth. She groaned in response,  only encouraging me more. I lift her strong thighs to me, and she wrapped them around me, clinging onto me for dear life it seemed. Her arms were around my neck tugging at my hair, pulling her lips almost out of reach of my own, having me work for it.

I begin to grind against her and to my surprise she runs her nails down my back as she gasps in our kiss. I break away giving her air as I kiss down her jawline before nibbling on her ear. I lick, kiss, and nibble on her neck still pressing myself hard against her, she responds right back tightening her legs around my waist as she rolls her hips against me. I blow air on her neck where I had licked, I grinned as I almost didn't hear her soft moan.

"Ahem," a womanly voice interrupted. Faith scurries off of me. I smile down at her noticing her blush raising up from her neck to her cheeks. I've never ever seen her do this. She looked so innocent, so lovely. I gently brought her body back to mine. I could still hear her panting from our previous actions and her heartbeat was pounding through her chest. I wrapped my arm around her waist as she nestles her cheek on my chest. She leans into my embrace more as I run my fingers through her hair. I never want to let her go, not ever again.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I would like to tell you that Brona and the lackies that she has left, have left, my Guardians," my grandmother states.

"I'm not a Guardian," Faith blurts out sharply. My grandmother sighs deeply.

"Must you always question me Faith? Yes you are a Guardian now. The only woman one at that. The other two haven't found their mates yet. Since you are his mate that automatically makes you one, plus with all your training recently from the fairies and from me Fay you are a great for the Guardian position. You were born for it. You must stay strong Faith," she says before she leaves the room.

"I love you Fay, I love you,"I whispered in her hair. She tightens her hold on me, "I love you too Anthony."

Finally, at peace.

AUTHORS NOTE!

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME FEED BACK ON HOW THIS STORY IS GOING. WHAT YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE. PLEASE, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HEAR SOME FEEDBACK.

THANK YOU,

KENNEDY