Chapter 4 Mommy

I’m grateful to my mom for keeping me, not every rape victim keeps their child. My mom was twenty-three when she was attacked by my father. To make matters worse, it was right after her mate died in a freak rogue attack at Billard’s Pub just down the road. My mom sometimes likes to pretend that her deceased mate is my real father. Her trying to keep me in the werewolf lifestyle is somehow her weird way of still keeping her mate in her life according to our family therapist. I really don’t see how she’s moved on and is still going strong.  God knows I would most likely have given up by now.

I hear her crying softly to herself in her room next door. I slide out of my silk covered bed and tip toe out to the hallway. I knock on her door softly before opening it slowly. I peer into the dimly moonlit room. I focus on my mother’s shaking form.

“Mommy,” I say to her but, she still won’t look up from her pillow. I slide into the bed with her and she hugs me. I don’t know what has brought on this crying fest this time. All I know is that I’m in for a long night of crying, confessing, and maybe some heavy-weight drinking.

I wake up with my mom hovering over me. Yeah she’s kind of odd like that. I rub my eyes and groan turn over and then sink my face into the pillow.

“What do you want mom? It’s way too early for me to do anything. If you need something go ask Forest to do it.” I had only gotten a half an hour sleep last night and my mom, well I dont think she even slept a wink. My mother being the nicest mommy ever yanked me full force so that I would fall onto the hardwood floor.  

“I got a call from the Elder Council today. They want to meet with you at 8:00 am sharp, so if I were you, I would go and get ready and then come out for breakfast. Oh, and by the way Shirley sounded really pissed, so whatever you did you better do some incredible butt kissing today, my dear,” she said in a sing song voice before she started tickling me. I giggled at my mother’s crazy antics. Oh what five bottles of wine can do to a person within twenty-four hours.

After torturing me for a couple minutes my mother skipped off out of her bedroom to the kitchen, leaving me lying there on the cold hardwood floor tangled in the sheets. Ugh, just the thought of Shirley makes me tired.  She’s going to go for my throat making her sweet little Anthony look like an idiot in front of everybody. She's probably already served Anthony his ass last night when everybody left, on a silver platter. I couldn’t help but grin at the thought.

After getting ready I made my way towards the kitchen following the sweet smell of pancakes. I go to sit at the small kitchen table and wait. I stare out the window wondering what I was in for today at the meeting. Ah it’s way too early for this bullshit. My mother comes and places the fruit styled pancakes in front of me before she sits down across from me and starts to dig in.

I start to play with my food, contemplating my next move on the Parcell’s. Then I got an miraculous idea…