Chapter 3 Who's Move is It?

Anthony all of a sudden became relaxed and he finally showed me his deep brown eyes. We stared at each other wondering what one another’s next move was going to be. His face vacant from any glimpse of an expression. He rested his large hands onto my tiny shoulders. I looked up at him quizzically, raising an eyebrow. I roughly shrugged his hands off and took a step away from his heated presence before me. My gaze turned into a deeply hateful consumed glare directed at him. He smirked. Ugh, weirdo. I raised my chin up and prepared my body for defense attack mode.

“Oh Fay, what am I going to do with you,” he stated while circling around me, “I should’ve just killed you when we first met, but I don’t particularly like blood to be on my hands and also I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I’m so sorry Fay for rejecting you. It was completely out of line and I’m an ass. Would you ever take into consideration on accepting me as your mate? I do care about you, and all I ask is for a second chance.” I stared at the ground the whole time he was speaking. My muscles became tense under his intense gaze. I could hear Cecelia flipping a bitch over to the side. Thymer was holding her back from interrupting mine and Anthony’s little show. Everyone in the audience was on the edge of their seats and or uncomfortable.

I looked up to see Anthony standing a foot away from me. I decided to fake him out by acting like I was going to swing at his stomach and then actually punch him square in the face. He fell for it of course, what an idiot. Anthony flew back to the wall. The sound of his spine cracking when he hit the wall echoed through the room. I placed my hands on my hips and cocked my right hip to the side.

“Well that apology is just a bunch of bullshit dear and we both know it. Maybe if you gave that wonderful apology back when you first rejected me maybe I would’ve fell for it, but now that I hate you with all of my being and want to punch your face every time I see you, well, just an apology won’t do. Plus this is a little off topic but, could we please negotiate your sex life. It’s becoming a problem. I seriously think you’re a sex addict. I mean you have sex like every day and throughout all hours of the day and night. I need a break.”

“How do you know when I have sex?”

I rolled my eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. For Anthony being an important person in the werewolf world he seriously knows nothing about mates at all. “Every time you have sex with a girl I can feel it. It’s not like I get any pleasure out of it, because if that were the case I really wouldn’t be complaining. Anyway, so when you have sex with a girl it feels like I’m being burnt alive and like somebody is ripping me apart from the inside out. It’s just completely awful when I’m on my period because it’s just like double the fun.” Anthony was up now and acting like he was not bothered at all from me hitting him into the wall. He brushed himself off and looked back up at me giving me his signature flirty smile. This boy has some serious mood swing issues. Why did the fates ever pair me up with him, I do not know. 

In a flash Anthony was directly behind me. He pressed his chest into my back. His hot breath in my ear and his musky scent surrounded me. He nipped at my right ear playfully. What is he up to? I tried to keep my heartbeat at a normal pace but, it was so hard with him being so close to me after he hasn’t touched me at all for two whole years. My body wanted me to relax into his touch.

"Please Fay, don’t be mad at me. I said I was sorry. I’m sorry about the sex too, but Fay you have to understand that I’m a man I have needs and those needs you can’t provide for me,” he whispered into my ear, while his hands slowly rubbed up my forearms.

I turned around to face him. His arms encircled my waist and I pushed myself up against him, he groaned. I brushed my fingertips up and down his bicep. I began to bite and kiss his neck softly. I licked the shell of his ear softly and blew into it.

“Anthony I believe I can surpass your needs but, you couldn’t even begin to reach mine even if you tried,” I whispered in his ear before I pushed him away. There was a series of “Ooohs” and laughs that echoed in the theater. This time it was my turn to circle him.

“The only reason you want me back now Anthony is because you found out that you can’t become full alpha without mating with your mate first, which just so happens to be yours truly. Now isn’t that right? Oh what am I going to do with you Anthony?” I questioned him mockingly. He didn’t deny my accusation. I stared at him up and down as I circled him. We made eye contact whenever I would pass the front of him. His face once again was expressionless. Using my super speed I raced to him so that I was up against him again, face to face. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and backed away playfully.

“Until next time sweetheart,” I said to him giving him a wink. I jumped up and landed on the roof. I looked back over my shoulder to see everybody staring at Anthony in either disappointment or they were smiling with their eyes at him because of the actions that just took place in front of them. When I changed my gaze to Anthony’s grandparents, well let’s just say, saying they looked furious was just an understatement, score.

When I got home my mother was waiting for me at the back porch. She smiled when I came into view. I gave her a lopsided grin in response. Her glasses were sliding off the bridge of her nose ever so slightly. She had her beloved Chinese decorated tea cup at hand like always.

“So how’d it go? Did that Alpha boy find his mate? Were there any cute guys to drool over?”

“Yeah he did and no, no one really caught my eye,” was my short reply. She nodded and put an arm around my shoulders as I we stepped inside the house.

“Did you know her? Was she pretty? What’s her name?”

“Yes, I guess, and to hell if I know. Geez, why are you so curious about his mate anyway?” She scrunched up her face at my response. I wasn’t in the mood for her interrogating me for nothing. She walked away hastily to her bedroom. What a night, what a night….