Chapter 9 Pigs and Smartasses

Sovey is a getaway place for the rich and powerful. It’s like this huge island and you can only get to it by magic of course. It’s a dreamland. It never gets hotter than ninety degrees and never gets colder than sixty. Some fairies created it awhile back, that’s why the colors are so vivid and you can just smell magic in the air. It’s a sort of place where you can forget about your troubles. The only problem is, is that my troubles had to be brought along with me.

We arrived at the bottom of a hill. At the top was a small wooden cabin with the main waterfall of the island behind it. All you could see was green for miles as I started climbing up the hill with Anthony in tow. His big clumpy footsteps were getting louder and louder as his boots savaged the brush and grass beneath our feet.

“Want me to carry your bags,” he said breathlessly. Without a second thought I picked up my bag as if to hand it to him but instead I decided to wack him with it unexpectedly, hard, very hard. I heard an ‘oof’ and what sounded like a boulder falling off a cliff. I didn’t really need to look back to know that Anthony was toppling down the hill. I kept on going but this time with a satisfied smile on my face whilst humming a tune.

I finally reached the house and opened the door gently. Once I stepped inside I went straight for the bedroom and found out that it was the sole bedroom. I dumped my stuff onto the bed and decided to take a peek at the fridge. 

When I came out of the bedroom I saw Anthony covered in leaves and grass as he stumbled into the little house. He barely fit through the doorway. I looked him up and down while he glared at me as I came completely out of the small hallway with my hands behind my back.

“Geez, what happened to you? You know you really should be more careful out there. I’m sure nobody wants the big bad Alpha to be all bruised up now,” I said with an innocent grin. He huffed and retreated to the bedroom.

I skipped my way to the kitchen, which was also part of the dining room and living room. The house was a tight fit, but it would have to do.  I walked past the table to the fridge. I pulled out an ice cream sandwich and began to unravel the wrapper. I turned around to see Anthony leaning on the sink counter across from me, his arms crossed, with an amused expression on his face. An expression I felt like I should smack off, but anyway… I leaned back onto the fridge and took a bite of my ice cream smizing at his form.

“What?” I asked with ice cream in my mouth. He tilted his head with a smirk held on his lips.

“You’re a pig.”

“Well it takes one to know one I guess. Aren’t you supposed to win me over or something? You’re doing a really bad job at it by the way,” I replied curtly, while sticking my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes.

“Yeah and I’m the immature one.” I rolled my eyes right back at him.

He smacked the ice cream sandwich out of my hand. “Hey.” I looked towards my ice cream sandwich that was now across the floor. While distracted he pinned my arms above my head and made full on eye contact with me, which made me feel uncomfortable but I would never let him have the satisfaction of knowing that. His pupil took over his whole eye and his fangs poking out from his lips. Oh shit, Alpha Mode. Here we go with the whole macho man moment. If he marks me I swear.

“Can you contain your Alpha wolf and get this over with already because I really hate your stinky wolf breath all up in my face.” My response only made him angrier. He slammed me against the fridge hard. Why he was so pissed, I did not know.

Well I guess I kind of know. I mean he does have to stay here with me for a while and not have sex, at all, for longer than he’s used to. Possibly it was also the way I treated him since we got here even though that was only like two minutes ago and he’s already throwing a fit. What a baby. I can already tell this is going to be a great getaway and we only just started. Woohoo...

He leaned in towards my neck and breathed in. I made no movement, not wanting him to bite me. He kissed his way down my jawline then grazed his fangs down the front of my throat. He looked up at me again. His stare was intense and literally made me breathless. I was breathless not out of love but out of fear. I kept my expression emotionless. He leaned in so his lips barely brushed against mine.

“You talk too much little one,” he said huskily. He pulled away a little to look over my face. I gathered my saliva quickly and spat at his face. It caught him off guard and he looked at me bewildered. I took this moment of distraction and pushed him off me. He flew over the counter into the living room, smacking into the wall.

.