Chapter 6 A Plan Develops

“Now kids let’s all play nice now,” Brona giggled. We all turned to her. Where the hell she come from, we’ll never know. She has a habit of just popping out of nowhere. She came over and rested her arm on my shoulder and gave me a wink. What was she up to?

Shirley growled. She’s not too fond of magic or anything really to be honest with you.  Well anything that had to do with either me or Brona. Brona and her are niceish to each other’s faces but once they turn around it’s a totally different story. Gordon sighed and rested his head on his hand. Poor man I feel bad for him. These two crazy women fighting over him. Brona and him were very close when he was younger but then Shirley came into the picture and let's just say that changed everything for the worst.

I think that Gordon totally regrets giving in and marrying Shirley. You can just see it in his eyes. Especially when Brona comes around. His expression is always sad and guilty like. He misses her dearly and everyone knows it. It embarrasses Shirley to no end but, she'll never admit to that.

“Brona,” Gordon nodded grimly. Brona gave him a soft smile and bowed.

“My lord,” she responded softly, batting her eyelashes. Yeah Brona still has a thing for Gordon too, weirdly enough. I mean they were together for like 20 years. “I wanted to negotiate about the Fay and Anthony situation.” I raised an eyebrow at her and she gave me a quick glance telling me to shut up and not panic. God knows I wanted to say something so bad.

“What exactly do you mean negotiate?” Shirley said, while crossing her arms looking down upon Brona with disgust. Brona stepped forward gingerly and just smiled sweetly up at Shirley. Like me, Brona sort of loved to push Shirley's buttons and trust me it didn't take much for Brona to do so.

“Well…” Ugh, here we go…

“Well that was…”Brona started off.

“A completely stupid idea,” I said solemly. We were back at Brona’s house discussing what had just taken place. I was sitting on the kitchen counter, my legs dangling as I wooshed them back and forth hitting the cupboards below. I was staring at my feet trying to go over in my head Brona’s bright idea. Was I mad at her? Yes! But could I stay mad at her? Heh, no. It was too hard to be mad at her. Staying mad at her is just as hard as watching an animal die slowly and painfully while never taking your eyes off of it. Yeah, it was that hard.

But don’t let her sweetness and kindness fool you. She’s a very manipulative and smart woman. She knows what she wants and she goes for it and it doesn’t matter who you are, except for the people that she cares about, she will screw you over.

She was preparing dinner for the two of us. She was all giddy and everything, dancing around while she cooked. “Oh now hush and come sit and have a proper dinner with me, dear.” I jumped down from the counter and walked lazily to the table. We began to eat in silence. I look over at Brona. She looks guilty almost.

“I think it will be good for both you and Anthony to get to know each other. I know spending two weeks with him up at Sovey isn’t the greatest thing to ever happen to you, but maybe you could gain some ground with him,” she looked up at me with a devilish grin. I smirked at her. Oh, now I see where she’s getting at.

“Brona, may I just say that you are a genius,” I stated with a grand smile on my face, before I took a sip of my wine. She raised her glass.

“A toast, to revenge my dear. Long live the Parcell’s” she ended with a cackle, her eyes dark.  Best dinner I had in ages.