Chapter 2 Let the Games Begin

I look down upon the theater from the open roof of the coliseum constructed building. Everyone is all riled up, because apparently Anthony is a great catch and they want to know who will be the lucky she-wolf who is his mate. Um she's right here everybody just look up and you can all go home. I roll my eyes at the thought of that dear sweet mate of mine. Sure he was good looking but, every time I see that pretty face of his, I just want to punch it and I can only hope I can do some major damage to it. Hmph, pretty boys.

I lay back and look up to the starry night sky. My left leg’s dangling off the side going along with the push from the light breeze. My hair scattered everywhere. I close my eyes and hum a sweet tune waiting for the chance to see my mate. I huffed and began being impatient. I sat up now facing the inner theater and that’s when it hit me. His scent. I take a deep breath of it in and closed my eyes from the sensual feeling that was overcoming me. He’s here….

I open my eyes once again and there he was center stage. The crowd roars in excitement, for one of the Guardian’s is going to find his mate tonight. He still looks the same, and seeing that broad smirk and macho demeanor says that his ego hasn’t shrunk much whatsoever. I laugh silently to myself shaking my head. What a ham he is.  

“Alright, alright everybody calm down please and sit down in your respective seats quietly so we can begin the selection,” Shirley Parcell said, who just happens to be second in command of the Elder Council and, Anthony’s grandma. Something about Shirley made me feel uneasy. Her eyes never showed any emotion whatsoever and her voice was always coarse and deep. Everyone shut up and sat down right away.  Shirley nodded to her husband Gordon.

“We shall now start the selection. Thymer would you please bring in the first girl,” Gordon commanded. The door, that was the only entryway of the center stage, creakily opened. The first contestant was up. Her name was Alyson Miller; she was a part of the Porku pack, a pack known for being silent, but deadly. Alyson and Anthony locked eyes. Then…nothing. She was whisked away by Thymer and a series of more contestants reeled in one by one.

 It was Cecilia’s turn now. Cecilia was one of Anthony’s little whores and everyone knew it. She walked into the center with a smug look on her face thinking that Anthony would proclaim her as his mate, even though she knew she wasn’t his. Anthony gave her a flirty smile while she tried to pose sexily for some weird reason. Anthony looked to his grandfather and nodded with a smile on his face. The whole crowd began to rumble. Cecilia ran over to Anthony and threw herself at him, locking her lips to his.

I jumped down from the roof to the stage. Everything stopped. The air was thick with a ‘what the hell is going on here?’ feeling.  I crossed my arms and glared at my mate, by this time Cecilia was still clinging onto him, but Anthony was stiff. Cecilia looked up at him worriedly. The theater was in pure awkward silence as I took a couple steps towards my mate and his slut. I shook my head at him and a smirk appeared on my face.

“What? No welcoming for me?” I asked playfully. Cecilia sneered at me pulling back her lips to show me her fangs as to intimidate me, haha yeah right, who does this bitch think she’s dealing with?

“Why are you here?” Cecilia asked, well more like demanded.

“Tsk, tsk. I’m not here for you. You don’t know why I’m here but Anthony sure as hell does. Don’t ya?” Anthony’s eyes were pure gold once again. His eyes were daring me to say more. Well I never was one to say no to a dare. I looked up at the council and the rest of the audience.

“Oh, Anthony honey, you didn’t tell them about us, now did you?”

“Fay, don’t start,” he growled. He was so pissed I could smell the testosterone dripping off him. His breathing became deeper and more rapid. His jaw locked and muscles flexing.

“Honestly Anthony I’m hurt by this. When exactly were you planning on telling everyone that we were mates, hmm?” He threw Cecilia to the side and stomped up to me. He leaned down to get right up in my face. A mischievous smile still played on my lips. “What? It was just an innocent question dear,” I inquired. He was fuming by then. He closed his eyes trying to calm himself down. His fists clenched down at his sides. I got him right where I want him and now to make him squirm.