Chapter 2

"Hey.." He said, my heart stopped.

"Um, hi Matt.." I said, barely above a whisper.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Why would you care?" I asked.

He didn't answer.

"Look, I'm going to be late for class. If you want to hit me or call me a bitch before I go, just do it already." I said.

"I was actually wondering if I could..walk you to class?" He asked.

"I don't think that's the best idea Matt." I told him.

"Why?" He asked.

"Is that even a question? You know why. You'll probably push me into a locker, or trip me, or push me into the boys bathroom. Either way something bad will happen." I said.

"I won't. I promise. Just trust me." He said.

"Why should I trust you? You've done nothing worthy of my trust." I said.

"God Haven, just let me walk with you!" He whipser yelled, making me flinch.

"I-I'm sorry Haven.." He said.

The warning bell went off, signaling I only had 2 minutes to get to class.

"Fine.." I said.

He smiled and off to class he went. We walked into health class and I went to my desk. Matt sat in the desk next to me.

"Why aren't you sitting with Cam?" I asked.

"Because I want to sit with you." He said.

"You're not going to call me a 'Stupid Whore' or 'Worthless Bitch' the entire class period, are you?" I asked.

"No. Not today." He said.

The bell was about to ring, when Andrea walked in. My heart sank to the floor. She immediately walked up to Matt.

"Hey baby." She said, sitting on his lap.

"Hey." He said.

She then looked over at me, smirking.

"What are you doing sitting with this slut? Don't get to close baby, you might contract an STD." She told Matt, laughing.

"Speaking of STD's...you have the whole health books worth.." I said to myself.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me bitch?" She asked.

"Maybe." I said.

"You're so annoying. How do people put up with you?" She said.

The health teacher, Mrs. Preston, walked through the door.

"Okay class, we're going to be doing a project, 'Getting To Know Your Partner'. Creative, I know. You will spend a week on this. You will get to know that peron, write an essay about what you learned and read it to the class." She said.

"Great." I said.

"Andrea will be with Cameron.
Nate with Shawn,
and Haven with Matt." She said.

"Oh no.." I said.

Andrea gave me a death stare.

"The project starts today. You'll have to work out the details with your partner." She said.

"So, I guess I'm coming over to your house?" He asked.

"I guess so." I said. I was extremely nervous, but kind of excited.

I told him my address, and the bell rang. I picked up my stuff and started to walk out of the classroom, when Andrea stopped me from leaving.

"Listen whore, I'll be watching you like a hawk this week. Matt is mine. I saw the way you were looking at him when he was talking to you. Why would he want to be with you? You're pathetic, worthless, and useless. Nothing. A waste of space. You should just kill yourself, that way I would have Matt all to myself." She said, tjen walked away.

I just walked to my locker and grabbed my stuff for third period.