Chapter 11

It was a couple days later and I woke up for school that morning. Matt hadn't even tried to talk to me, just let his friends torment me. It's like he forgot I existed. I dragged myself out of bed and trudged to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and my eyes were puffy and red with dried tear stains down my cheeks.

"Pathetic. Crying over a guy that doesn't even care about you. He said it himself, you were just a bet. Nothing more. Nothing less." I said to myself. I turned on the shower and stripped down to nothing, my conscious taunting me about my body.

"Fat ass. Eat a salad every once in a while." I said, grabbing at my stomach and arms, running my fingers over the stretch marks. The water warmed up and I stepped in, letting it run all over me. I felt a burning sensation coming from my wrists and I winced in pain. I looked down at the fresh cuts from the night before. I took my fingers, lightly running them over the cuts, hissing in pain and jerking my hand away. I picked up my coconut shampoo and conditioner, pouring it in the palm of my hands and put them in my hair massaging my scalp. I rinsed out the suds and took my coconut body wash, rubbing it all over my body. I turned the shower off and wrapped a towel around my frame. I walked back to my room and picked my outfit.

*The Picture*

I then proceeded to the bathroom and blow dried my hair. After drying it I put it in a messy bun. I examined myself in the mirror, not liking what I seen.

"You're so ugly. Put some make-up on, geez." I said, talking to myself. I picked up my backpack and grabbed my phone, off to school I went. I walked into school feeling exhausted and tired of living. I went to my locker and opened it. I looked behind me and Matt walked in. Andrea came up and hugged him from behind. He picked her up and spun her around. I felt my heart shattering inside of me.

"You broke me heart, but I still love you with all my pieces." I whispered to myself. She was laughing and he looked down and smiled a her. She then stood up on her tippy toes and kissed his jawline. He looked my way and rolled his eyes. He turned around and she looked back at me, mouthing 'mine'. I just grabbed my math book and went to class. I walked in and Audrey and Skate were being all cute. Audrey waved for me to come over and I took the seat beside her.

"Babe, you look depressed." She said.

"I am depressed. More than usual." I said.

"I'm so sorry about Matt. Don't let him become your happiness. You'll find someone better, someone who deserves you. You need to forget about him." She said.

"How can I forget someone who gave me so much to remember?" I asked staring into space. I squeezed my eyes, putting my head down letting the tears fall. Audrey grabbed me and kissed my shoulder.

"It's okay babe, it's okay." She said, rocking me back and forth. Matt walked in with Cam. He didn't even look at me. He acted as if we were nothing. As if I was nothing. They sat at the table beside me and I just buried my face in my book.

"Hey slut." Matt said. Now he's turning on me. That infuriated me, especially after what I've told him.

"Found any new guys to screw around with today?" He asked, Cam laughing. I looked back at him with tear stained eyes. His facial expression changed.

"Was it easy Matt?" I asked him.

"Was what easy?" He asked.,

"Leaving me. Opening up to me, saying all that cute stuff, me opening up to you then just walking away as if it was nothing. Like we were nothing. Like I was nothing." I asked him, tears pouring again. I turned back around. The bell finally rang and realized we had to read our essay's today. I grabbed my bag and hurried to my locker, grabbing my health book and going to health class. I hadn't wrote anything down, so I thought I'd go from memory. Matt walked in and of course Andrea was clung to his hip. He sat down and pulled Andrea into his lap. Obviously what I said last period had no effect on him. The bell rang and the teacher walked in.