Chapter 6

I woke up to Matt snoring in my ear. It wasn't loud, it just tickled. I pulled my phone from my pocket and checked the time. 6:30 a.m.

"Matt. Wake up." I said.

"Matt. School. Up." I said, a little louder this time. His grip on me was tight. I tried to wiggle myself free, but it just wasn't happening. He started squirming around and his eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning beautiful." He said.

"Good morning." I said, blushing.

"Do we have to go to school today?" He asked.

"Yeah. We missed so much yesterday, we have to go back and get caught up. We can miss tomorrow, but we have to go today." I said.

"Okay. Since we won't be going tomorrow, can I take you on a date?" He asked me.

"Why would you want to go out with me?" I asked.

"Because I like you." He said.

"Why would you want me when you can have Andrea?" I asked him.

"I don't like Andrea. She's conceited and self-absorbed. She doesn't care about anyone, but herself. I like you because you care about other peoples emotions more than your own. You care about people more than you care about yourself, and I love that." He said.

"I'm nothing special Matt." I said.

"You say you're not special because the world doesn't know about you, but that's an insult to me. I know about you." He said.

"Nice 'The Fault in Our Stars' quote Matt." I said.

"It's true though." He said.

"Thanks. Got me feeling all special." I said, blushing.

"That was the point of the quote." He said, me laughing harder.

"Okay, let me go I have to pee." I said, instead he flipped me over and started tickling me.

"Matt! Stop!" I screamed.

"Why should I stop?" He said, teasing.

"Because I'm going to pee on myself!" I said, begging for him to stop.

"Say you'll go on a date with me." He said, tickling me more.

"Matt! I can't breathe! I'm going to die! I'm going to die full of pee and it's going to be all your fault!" I screamed.

"Drake and Josh aren't going to help you here babe. Say you'll go on a date with me." He said.

"Please?" He asked, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Okay! Okay! I'll go on a date with you!" I said. He finally stopped and kissed me on the nose. I jumped up from the couch and ran to the bathroom, relieving myself. I them stripped down to nothing and turned the shower on. I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Ew. Gross. What does he see in you?" The voice in my head asked.

"I don't know." I answered out loud.

"I don't know why you're letting him get so close. He's just going to leave. Everyone always leaves." The voice says.

"Maybe it'll be different this time." I said.

"How do you know?" The voice asks.

"I don't." I said.

Sometimes I trust too easily, not because I'm naive, but because my heart wants to believe that not everyone is out to deceive.

I opened the shower curtain and hopped in. I washed my hair, my face, and my body. I turned off the shower and hopped out, grabbing the towel I placed on top of the toilet seat. I wrapped it around my body and went to Matts room. I grabbed a tooth brush, a hair dryer, and my straightener. I plugged in the hair dryer and dried my hair. When it was completely dry, I plugged in the staightener and brushed my teeth, waiting for it to get hot. I straightened my hair, then unplugged everything and let my straightener cool down. I went back to Matts room to pick out an outfit,*The Picture*. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs, waiting for Matt. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and Matt walked in the living room.