Chapter 7

Matt's POV

We walked outside and sat behind the school. Skate pulled out his joint he had rolled up in his pocket. He pulled out a lighter and started smoking.

"So what's up man?" He asked, blowing smoke of his mouth.

"Nothing much." I said.

"I noticed you've been hanging with Haven a lot lately." He said.

"How do you know her?" I asked.

"I like her friend Audrey. They're always together. I've talked to her before, trying to get closer to Audrey. She's gorgeous. They both are. And their good friends with Sammy and both Jacks." He said.

"Yeah, I know." I said.

"You okay man?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just a lot on my mind." I said.

"Oh. Anything I can help you with?" He asked.

"If I tell you, you have to swear you won't tell anyone else. Promise?" I asked.

"I promise." He said, putting the joint to his lips and breathing in.

"You know how I hang with Cam and Carter?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said exhaling, letting a small cloud of smoke escape his lips.

"We kind of made a bet. Cam bet that I couldn't make Haven fall in love with me. Instead I'm falling in love with her and I don't know what to do." I said.

"Wow dude. That's crazy." He said.

"Cameron says I have to dump her on Friday, make sure to break her heart. I don't want to, but I don't want Cam and Carter to turn on me. I don't want to go down that rode again." I said.

"Does she make you happy?" He asked me.

"Yeah, so much." I said.

"All that matters is your happiness dude. If your so called 'friends' can't be happy that you're in love, then screw them." He said.

"I really love her." I said.

"I'm happy for you man." He said.

"Thanks. We should head back to class. Thanks for talking to me Skate." I said.

"No problem." He said, standing up and taking a bottle of water from his backpack. He took and few sips, then stuck the joint in the bottle and threw it in the dumpster.

"Alright, let's go." He said.

As soon as we walked back into the school building the bell rang, releasing the students from their classrooms. Haven and Audrey walked out of Math class, side by side.

"Look, there's my girl. I'm gonna go talk to her." Skate said.

He walked over to Haven and Audrey and started talking to her.

"Smooth guy skate." I said to myself.

Haven glanced over and started walking my way. She stopped in front of me.

"Hey, where were you last period?" She asked.

"I skipped. I wasn't feeling too good." I said.

"Do you need to go home?" She asked.

"I don't want leave you here to get tortured." He said.

"I can go with you." She said.

"What about your work?" I asked.

"Your well-being is more important to me than a stupid health project." She said.

"Plus, we can go on our date earlier." She said.

I smiled and took her hand in mine. We walked to the counslers office and told her I wasn't feeling well, and that Haven would escort me home. She excused us and out the door we went to my car. I had the most perfect thing planned for our date tonight, but I would have to take her home to go set it up.

"Hey baby girl. I'm going to have to drop you off at your house." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"I have to get everything ready for tonight. It has to be perfect." I said.

"Matt, we could literally just sit at home and watch movies and that would be a perfect date for me." She said.

"I want to do something special." I said.

"Okay. I'm excited." She said.

"Awshum dood." I said, causing her to laugh.

"You're a cutie, you know that?" She asked me.

"No, shut up. Imma man." I said.

"Sorry cutie." She said.

We pulled into her driveway and she unbuckled her seatbelt. She was about to get out, but I stopped her.

"Do you have a Twitter?" I asked her.

"No. It seems like everytime I have any form of social media, I get harassed or something." She said.

"I can make you one." I pulled out my phone and got on Twitter. I clicked 'sign up' and she put in her information. It was finished.

"Thank you Matt." She said, kissing me goodbye.

"I'll see you tonight baby girl." I said. She closed the door and I pulled out, heading to my next destination.