Chapter 9

"Haven! Come back!" Matt was yelling from behind me.

"Go away Matt." I said. He eventually caught up with me and grabbed my shoulder, turning me around.

"I never meant to hurt you like this." He said.

"Yes you did Matt. That was your plan the whole time. I should hate you with everything in me right now, but I don't. I love you.." I said.

"But I never really mattered, right?" I said, walking away.

"At least let me take you home." He said, completely ignoring everything I just said.

"No. I'd rather get lost in the woods and find my way home then get in a car with you!" I said. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, walking me the other way.

"Matt, put me down. I'm not kidding!" I yelled, hitting his back with me fists.

"No, I'm not leaving you here. I need to know that you're safe." He said.

"Why would you care? Oh yeah, you don' t! I was just a bet!" I said, yelling. He opened the car door and sat me inside. He took the rest of the tea and put the fire out with it. He then got in on his side and started driving. The whole ride was silent. He tried to put his hand on my thigh.

"Don't touch me." I said.

We finally made it to my house and I jumped out before he could say anything. I opened my door and walked in the house, slamming it shut and putting my back against it, sliding down. I put my face in my hands and let the tears flow. I almost called out for my mom, but I remembered she wasn't there. My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I pulled it out.

Matt: I'm sorry Haven.

Me: Don't be sorry. I trusted you. My mistake, not yours.

Matt: I love you!

Me: No you don't! You don't destroy the person you love Matt!

Matt: Trust me Haven!

Me: It's hard to trust somebody when the one person who you completely opened up to is the person who completely betrayed you! But I guess I should've expected it right? God, I should really learn to expect less from people!

Matt: I don't want to lose you Haven!

Me: But you don't want to keep me either, do you?

He read the text, but didn't reply.

I went up to my room and locked my door. I laid down on my bed and got my headphones. I shoved them in my ears, letting the music attempt to drown my thoughts.

Tell me pretty lies
Look me in the face
Tell me that you love me
Even if it's fake
Cause I don't fucking care, at all

(Idfc- Blackbear)

I let him in. I let him see the real me, and he left. This is what I get. I deserve this.

"What is so wrong with me that it's so easy for everyone to leave?" I asked myself.

"You're always so freaking sad and it wears people out. Maybe that's why people leave you all the time." The voice in my head answered.

"I don't know where I stand in people's lives. One minute they treat me like I'm something then nothing the next." I said.

"Silly girl, thinking he actually cared. No one cares about you. You're just easy to make fun of." The voice said.

I got on Twitter and seen the comments already flooding my feed.

//CameronDallas// HavenElizabeth of you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here.

//AndreaRussett// HavenElizabeth you're such a whore. Not only do you have my ma, but Cameron too. Who's next? Carter?

//CarterReynolds// AndreaRussett no way! I would never get with her! Do you know how many diseases she must have? Total slut. So easy. Too easy. Keep your legs shut whore.

//MattEspinosa// She was nothing to me. Just a stupid bet. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now he was turning on me. I guess he really didn't love me.

//HavenElizabeth// It's sad how you were such a big part of my life and now you're just gone.

I turned my music up.

"We're just sad kids, who put all of our hope in the fact that putting our headphones in makes us feel like we're not alone." I said to myself.

I checked the time, 2 a.m.

"I never thought I would love someone this much, but here I am at 2 a.m. thinking of you nonstop like a broken record." I said, a warm tear sliding down my cheek. I closed my eyes and let myself drift to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt's POV

I pulled out of Haven's driveway and headed home. I really screwed up and I don't know how to fix it. I love her so much. I never meant to fall in love with her. I made the feelings go away before, maybe I can do it again. I got on Twitter and seen a bunch of tweets about Haven. I commented.

//MattEspinosa// She was nothing to me. Just a stupid bet. Nothing more, nothing less.

It wasn't true. She meant so much to me, but I can't have my friends turning on me. I can't be a moving target. I!m not going through that again. After I commented, Haven did.

//HavenElizabeth// It's sad how you were such a big part of my life and now you're just gone.

I felt bad, but I decided it was just better to walk away. I put my phone down and pulled into my driveway. I opened my door and walked up to my room. I changed into some grey sweats and flopped down on my bed. The last thing I thought about before I went to sleep was Haven and how beautiful she looked tonight.