Chapter 8

Matt's POV

I was driving home to pack everything for the date tonight. I was so excited. I'm falling for Haven, hard. My phone started ringing and I answered it without seeing who it was.

"Hello?" I asked.

"When are you going to dump her?" It was Cameron.

"Not tonight Cam. We're going on a date." I told him.

"That wasn't part of the plan Matt. You're not supposed to fall in love with her. I want to see her in tears. I want her heartbroken." He said.

"Why do you hate her so much?" I asked.

"I don't." He said.

"Then why do you torture her?" I asked him.

"You bully her too." He said.

"That's not the point, I apologized." I said.

"Why do you make her life miserable?" I asked, more demanding.

"I have my reasons." Cam said.

"Like what? She has done nothing to you, yet you tear her apart. Do you have any idea what you've put her through Cam? I've realized my mistakes, I know what I've done wrong, and I'm trying to fix it. What reason could you possibly have for making her life hell?" I asked.

"Because I love her.." He said, hanging up the phone.

I sat back in my seat in disbelief. Cameron can't be in love with her. I want her. She's mine, he can't have her. I've had mixed emotions these past few days, but I'm sure I'm in love with her. I hope she feels the same way. Cameron will have to fight me for her. I'll do whatever I have to, to keep her. I pulled into my driveway and walked inside. I already set everything up at the location of the date, now I just needed to grab the food. I grabbed a portable cooler and started throwing things in it. A gallon of Arizona Tea, turkey, lettuce, more essentials to make sandwiches, grapes, etc. When everything was packed, I texted her.

Me: I'm so excited for tonight, can't wait to see you♥

Haven: Same. I'm kind of nervous though.

Me: Why?

Haven: I've never been on a date before.

Me: Don't worry baby girl. It'll be fun. No need to worry.

Haven: I trust you.

Me: I'm honored to have your trust. I won't take it for granted.

I went up to my room and changed. I decided to wear black skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt, a grey beanie, amd grey vans. I grabbed my phone and car keys, then the cooler and headed to Haven's. I texted her.

Me: Hey baby girl, are you almost ready? I'm on my way.